Roof Bars

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

I’ve just stuck a holding deposit on a 2017 Gen 2 DS which i hope to collect very soon.

It has everything i need from the car such as Nav, Bluetooth phone connection, Sports memory seats, reversing cam, etc, etc. The only thing it doesn’t have and which i could really do with are the Roof Bars. Has anyone on here tried to retro fit these? Or even know if it can be done or is it a main dealer fit item.

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

I dont believe roof bars/rails can be retrofitted
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

The parts cost alone is £1k for the two rails - they are only bolted in place, but i would imagine, even if they can be retrofitted, its a lengthy job needing access behind the headliner.

Thule have a number of roofbar systems for the Macan, plus attachments for carrying pretty much anything
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It has been asked before and the response tended to be avoid retrofit.

Do ask at least a couple of different OPC’s from the one where you have the deposit paid if they would retrofit a set of Roof Bars and if so what would be the cost and also would they guarantee the work.

At least one OPC in the past has declined the action.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:29 pm It has been asked before and the response tended to be avoid retrofit.

Do ask at least a couple of different OPC’s from the one where you have the deposit paid if they would retrofit a set of Roof Bars and if so what would be the cost and also would they guarantee the work.

At least one OPC in the past has declined the action.
I’m pretty sure it’s a big job and probably not worth the hassle. Anyway, now i have a set of Genuine Porsche Roof Rails if anyones interested.

I’ll take a look at the Thule equivelants in the meantime.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Roof rails are the pieces permanently fitted to the roof (if specced at order)

Roof bars are the removable bits that you attach across the roof rails to carry the load.
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Guy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:26 pm Roof rails are the pieces permanently fitted to the roof (if specced at order)

Roof bars are the removable bits that you attach across the roof rails to carry the load.
Thanks for the clarification.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Are there any bars that fit railless car as for the 911?