Creaks and clunks

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Try listening to the inside of a cayman GTS... although there is a fix list I’m currently working threw... one rattle left! In some way the noises adds to the driving experience, but far more annoying in a lovely refined Macan!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 pm Try listening to the inside of a cayman GTS... although there is a fix list I’m currently working threw... one rattle left! In some way the noises adds to the driving experience, but far more annoying in a lovely refined Macan!
Hi Mike - have you seen this https://www.718forum.com/forum/718-boxs ... 2A%2A.html? I have it bookmarked just in case. :ugeek:
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Mike and his Macan

Yes it’s the one I am following... I think the picture in regards to the hinges is the one I’m after.. I removed the luggage cover tonight thinking it was that... but will also now follow the “Foam Guide” thanks nosmo will update you when it’s quiet! The funny thing is I forgive it for its rattles ...just so happy to have it!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
rage31

Post by rage31 »

Col M wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 pm
Guy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm
rage31 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:46 pm Apologies, first post on the forum. Got that one wrong I guess.
Nick, did you ever solve the overhead console rattle.
You may find that the overhead console has been removed in the past, either to repair something or perhaps to fit a dashcam, etc. It is apparently very easy to break one of the clips that secures the panel into the headliner - this would leave it insecure and could cause the symptoms that you describe. This is mentioned a few times over on the US Forum - I'll try to find a link.

EDIT: Look at image no9 of the first post here: https://www.macanforum.com/forum/modifi ... ost2312042
Probably Autoglass

Autoglass. Lol. That would be really helpful if you could find the link. Iv taken out extended warranty with RAC but not sure I I could get them to pay out on solving a rattle.

Iv also just noticed that my pcm screen doesn't switch on in the cold weather. Apparently that's also a known problem. Need to get that sorted ASAP.
Mike and his Macan

Today.. I am rattle free...🚗
Digger11

Post by Digger11 »

My 2016 Macan has only one minor rattle. When the sunroof is partially open it rattles. It is not the wind shield, but definitely the actual sliding roof.
Fully open, no rattles, just when partially open.
I dont want the dealer to take the whole thing apart as i dont like anyone fiddling with things.

Anyone else had this problem ?
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I have recently noticed a plastic sound rattle coming from the rear hatch area under braking on 'ribbed' concrete road surfaces which now appear to be the 'norm' approaching traffic lights. I think it is probably the rear shelf vibrating over the rough surface but it warrants a little more investigation before a cure is found!
Mike and his Macan

I removed my parcel shelf no rattle identified there... I think it sounds like the plastic rear screen trim.. open boot....cover gaps are in line with the upper hinges mine where about 1 to 2 mm I put tape in between them no rattles now.
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Cheers - will take a look on a dry day!!!
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Traced the rattle in the tailgate of our Macan to the recess that holds the warning triangle - so stuffed a bit of bubble wrap in there and in the hole where the knurled knob locates - now no more rattle whilst braking over ribbed concrete surface! :D