Creaks and clunks

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
macanations

Post by macanations »

I have a Diesel S MY17. And the knock is still there after 6 months.

It's my only regret about the car because i hear the knock every time the car passes 10mph- every time. Its really disappointing that Porsche would build a car that has a knock every time the car takes off from start. I can't believe it to be honest but i keep hearing that the OPC's say its in all the Macans and its 'normal'.

Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I have a Diesel S MY17. And the knock is still there after 6 months.

It's my only regret about the car because i hear the knock every time the car passes 10mph- every time. Its really disappointing that Porsche would build a car that has a knock every time the car takes off from start. I can't believe it to be honest but i keep hearing that the OPC's say its in all the Macans and its 'normal'.

After a few more months you'll tune it out and not notice it.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
woody

Post by woody »

hi, I have the had the same two noises you describe. the first you mention is still being investigated so will let you know what they find. the second noise you mention may be coming from hinges of your bonnet, i know this sounds odd as the noise appeared to be coming from the front suspension. Porsche told this was a know problem which is fixed by fitting rubber washers or similar to hinges. I did have to wait a week for them to come from Germany but it fixed the problem. hope this is of some help.
macanations

Post by macanations »

I wonder why though its only a few of us that hear it- either we are 'special' or our cars are. I plan to go for a test drive in another SD to see if I can hear it in a different car
woody

Post by woody »

according to my local Porsche centre the noise is normal! they tell me the noise which in the case of my car occures at 10mph is caused by the cars active engine mounts which are only activated at 10mph. the noise from the dashboard area was cauesd by rubbing bonnent hinges for which there is a mod.

hope this helps, i also hope they are correct and not fobbing me off.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

according to my local Porsche centre the noise is normal! they tell me the noise which in the case of my car occures at 10mph is caused by the cars active engine mounts which are only activated at 10mph. the noise from the dashboard area was cauesd by rubbing bonnent hinges for which there is a mod.

hope this helps, i also hope they are correct and not fobbing me off.

I've heard this said before but then someone pointed out that the Macan doesn't have active engine mounts. No idea who is right.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

woody
Do you have any references for the rubber bonnet hinge pieces because my OPC are denying any knowledge. My bonnet clunks as it flexes when turning into our cul-de-sac and has done so since new. Special 'lube' did help but still noticeable.
woody

Post by woody »

your first noise sounds to me as if its coming from the active engine mounts which only kick in at arround 10mph, once your car is past this speed you wont hear that noise again until you next pull away from a standstill or speed lower than 10MPH. your second noise is most likley coming from your bonnet hinges Porsche have a mod for this basically they fit rubber washers.

hope this helps.

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Just read the entire thread and I'm itching to go out and see if I can hear it but fear if i do I'll be in for months of frustration LOL

Even if I don't do it now it's on my mind and I'll be automatically checking for it on my next journey!!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Just for info-if anyone suspects a buzz/ vibration from dash area, check where the under dash tray below the steering column meets a metal flange on the bulkhead left of the brake pedal. The plastic touches the metal and can vibrate. Double-sided sticky felt pad sorted!