Creaks and clunks

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks B737NGWS. The tech I took out for a test drive thought it might be the tailgate so I think that's where they were going to start. But they haven't fixed it yet......

I did hesitate before I asked Nick........you've answered my query......

(Still in the Boxster?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Are you sure it is not tailgate moving as chassis twists? Ours did it initially but made tiny adjustments to bump stops and put some PTFE lube on touching plastic parts and that cured it.

Do you mean those round plastic wedge type things and the matching adjustable bit on the tailgate?

Yes - there are some adjustable support pins on the tailgate that make contact with a round black plastic disk in the chassis guttering of the tailgate. Applied a thin smear of lube on the disc then through trial and error adjusted the pons so that they made an imprint in the lube on the disc to show they were just touching. Then lubed the various other black plastic parts with a thin smear of PTFE.
Just need rubber parts for front bonnet hinge now to sort that!
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Are you sure it is not tailgate moving as chassis twists? Ours did it initially but made tiny adjustments to bump stops and put some PTFE lube on touching plastic parts and that cured it.

Do you mean those round plastic wedge type things and the matching adjustable bit on the tailgate?

Yes - there are some adjustable support pins on the tailgate that make contact with a round black plastic disk in the chassis guttering of the tailgate. Applied a thin smear of lube on the disc then through trial and error adjusted the pons so that they made an imprint in the lube on the disc to show they were just touching. Then lubed the various other black plastic parts with a thin smear of PTFE.
Just need rubber parts for front bonnet hinge now to sort that!

Thanks, I'll look into that. I thought those pins were for tailgate alignment so haven't dared touch them.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The noise at the back of the car appears to be fixed now. They spent a long time making very small adjustments to the tailgate latch, hinges and support pins and test driving after each adjustment. I have to say it is a great relief to be driving the car without those regular creaks that have proven to very elusive but hopefully now gone for good.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul

Post by Paul »

Amazing how something we were fairly convinced was suspension, turned out to be body related!
That extra mm of boot closure was clearly the culprit!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

So it seems Paul, strange but true. No sign of the overhead console 'buzz' at the moment though.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

The noise at the back of the car appears to be fixed now. They spent a long time making very small adjustments to the tailgate latch, hinges and support pins and test driving after each adjustment. I have to say it is a great relief to be driving the car without those regular creaks that have proven to very elusive but hopefully now gone for good.

👍I had similar problems on Macan 1 same result, tailgate misalignment
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Anyone yet have a reference I can quote to my OPC for the rubber mounts to be retro-fitted to bonnet to cure the flex-creak?
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Hi, here is a copy of post by Wizard

The part numbers for the replacement rubber bonnet stops to stop the 'A-pillar' creaking are:

95B.863.237.A Left
95B.863.238.A Right

They should be covered under warranty. For info, they are approx 75 pence each and take about 30 seconds to change.

It always worries me when a dealer says they don't know anything about it... There's a Technical Information Article they all have access to titled 'Eliminating noise symptoms - Replacing rubber stops on front lid (Creaking noise from around the dashboard or A-pillar/SY0116)'

The replacements do work BTW :) The creaking stops completely after they are changed
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Many thanks-have contacted my OPC and await their response!