Windscreen replacement

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I can post the cost breakdown if required, however Porsche France Clermont Ferrand did not offer me a loan car - yes I asked in french - given that there was a 10 day gap before the job was booked in for a poor show for Porsche, is it worth writing / commenting to Porsche UK?
Uk credit card billing at £1090.56 (Eu 1456.91)
Given that I had to drive to CF (+/- 200m round trip) firstly with car and dvlc doc, then to deliver the car, my host drove me there twice to do the later. add his fuel and autoroute 16eu x 4 then mine as well that's a negative for having a Porsche and fewer dealers I guess. (so add a few hundred euros more).
Job pre cleared with insurance co, good to see its competitive with the UK figures, I suspect that the windscreen dispatch was a bit quicker, Carglass / Autoglass owned by same parent company could have done it on direct insurance bulling however carglass could not calibrate so it still had to go to Porsche.
Macan starting price apx 65,000 Eu before options waiting period maybe 6-8 months.

davewf

Post by davewf »

Looking at the posts above, my experience with Aviva is somewhat different, if I use Porsche then they will only reimburse £185 less my excesses £110. May be because its not a Porsche insurance package rather direct.

So at around £1500 (Rough guess by OPC) I'd be mad to let OPC do it because I could quite easily get another crack as soon as I drive down the road.

So its looks like auto glass for me.

Will get camera adjusted if after fitting it seems iffy otherwise I wont bother.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Quick summary bulk of info in previous txts, porsche france use french part of autoglass opc ordered windscreen autoglass fitted it, beware of glue setting time, as mine was done at opc it set there and camera was alligned before it was returned to me, france autoglass did not like the responsibility of calibration check if mirror unit is wrongly placed autoglass are responsible for follow up.
My insurance refund took a while credit card bill less 75 excess in due course, i had them log engineers approval on my claim call in, with autoglass they can bill ins co directly, but opc calibration needs to be accepted too check they will pay for that too.
What it autoglass dont want to bond mirror to replacement double check and a guy previpus to me took opc route because of yj as t i did the same. France ordered and got glass in approx 7 days, uk seems to differ time wise. Good luck.Nomad2016-03-19 14:10:42
davewf

Post by davewf »

Thanks Nomad makes sense now.

GaryH

Post by GaryH »

Unfortunately I have had the misfortune of a majorwindscreen crack in the week on a journey back up the M40. I went through my insurance company's automated claim system for glass replacement and was diverted to Autoglass. Wasn't really looking forward to Autoglass doing the work on my drive, plus they mentioned a delay in obtaining an official Porsche branded windscreen.

Spoke with my OPC and they have quoted £1096 fir fitting in the screen and recalibrating the cameras, plus they have suggested keeping the car 24 hours to allow for full curing. No problem for me as I have been offered a Cayenne as a courtesy car.

I have spoken to NFU who have verbally told me they will reimburse me, minus the excess, if Porsche undertake the repairs. I have emailed them also for written confirmation.

Has anyone else dealt with NFU on a windscreen replacement carried out by an OPC with success of reimbursement?
Ordered April 2014 & Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGKMXG12
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/my-new-arrival_topic1808.html#33054
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

If NFU do meet the price of the OPC then they are definitely going to be my insurer of choice.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
davewf

Post by davewf »

Found the instructions for adjusting AUDI sensors.

See http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NATEFMedia/2015%20ASEIEA%20Conference/Audi/Drivers-Assistance-TRG-013014.pdf
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

If NFU do meet the price of the OPC then they are definitely going to be my insurer of choice.

Well fair play to NFU Direct they have just paid up the full amount for my windscreen replacement carried out by my OPC. Emailed the receipt Sunday to their claims department , had a phone call Tuesday to acknowledge they were processing the BACS transfer and by Friday the money was in the account , minus the £70 excess fee.

Hopefully I won't be stung on the insurance renewal in the next few months. Very impressed with NFU's stress free customer service.
Ordered April 2014 & Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGKMXG12
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/my-new-arrival_topic1808.html#33054
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have renewed my ins since windscreen claim, no impact to ncb, just keep any letters ref the claim, settlement, installer, calibration etc.
Glassman

Post by Glassman »

I had Autoglass visit on Saturday 4th July to repair a stone chip. A few minutes in to the repair the 'technician' called me from the house to inform me "Sorry mate it broke, you'll need a new screen, I'll order one for you"

This happens more than it should. Too many windscreens (IME and IMO) are written off when a repair was viable. The trouble is, a lot of repairers don't know what a good repair *looks* like and therefore knowing how to achieve one becomes part of that plausible deniability.