Auto Seat Adjustment

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Am I missing something?
We have 18-way sports seats with LOTS of adjustments! We have driver memory package etc. My wife has her key and I have my key. The auto-memory box selection is 'ticked' for both keys in the MFD, the comfort entry is NOT ticked. So I was expecting the seat to move AUTOMATICALLY to my settings when I open the car door after my wife has been driving and vice-versa? Is this correct or do I have to store the settings with the buttons on the door? The 'Good to Know' app is a little confusing-or am I easily confused?

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

With the ignition on you have to press SET then KEY on the door buttons.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

B737
When auto memory is selected, the settings are stored on the key used as soon as you lock the vehicle and retrieved when unlocking. If that does not work , try pressing and holding the key button until settings are retrieved.
You don't need to press SET and then the key unless you want to store/retrieve settings when stationary or while driving but then you have to deactivate auto memory.

MacFresh2016-08-31 10:35:15
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Our seat is not moving to our 'preferred' position when we unlock the car with our respective keys.
We have never saved any settings manually as I 'assumed' auto memory took care of that once you locked the car with our respective key. So my wife unlocks the car with her key and the seat stays exactly where I left it last?
So - I will try the 'SET - KEY' manual option on the door with each of our respective keys, with the ignition on, and hope that should sort it??
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Sometimes happens to us, we just use the Key buttons on the door if that happens.
I think the memory on the door keys is independent of the key memory.
To store the seating / steering wheel position on the door Key buttons, press Set, then press and hold either no. 1, 2 or 3 Key button until you hear a beep confirming the position has been set, a little red light will show on the respective button too.
You can do the same for the passenger seat.
Eg. I am number 1 in the car and Rob is No. 2. LOL
If the seating / steering wheel position is not moved to your specification with just your key, then press and hold no. 1 or 2 or 3 Key button (depending where you saved it) on the door until the seating / steering wheels is arranged as you set it.

Semerka2016-08-31 13:18:14
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Thanks guys.
I don't THINK I am stupid but the 'good to know' app is extremely confusing! My ultimate aim is for the seat, wheel and mirrors to be saved to each of our individual keys so that the settings are adjusted if required on unlocking the car. Already there are differences of opinion on what needs to be done to achieve that aim. I guess I will need to 'play' around with the door buttons with ignition on and off to try and sort this out when Mrs W returns in the Macan! It is never 'simples' where technology is involved-not in our house anyhow! Wish me luck!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Untick auto memory, tick comfort memory.....for each individual key....important!
Then, for each individual key, set your seat and steering column up, press the "set" button on tne door and then the key symbol.
I think this needs doing with ign on, but the important thing is you need to do it all twice, once for each key.
You will also then retrieve your own a/c settings, radio station,
The tick in the comfort memory will simply make the seat and steering slude up and back when you open the door, and return to the correct position (by key) when you start up.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Thanks guys.
I don't THINK I am stupid but the 'good to know' app is extremely confusing! My ultimate aim is for the seat, wheel and mirrors to be saved to each of our individual keys so that the settings are adjusted if required on unlocking the car. Already there are differences of opinion on what needs to be done to achieve that aim. I guess I will need to 'play' around with the door buttons with ignition on and off to try and sort this out when Mrs W returns in the Macan! It is never 'simples' where technology is involved-not in our house anyhow! Wish me luck!

We actually all saying the same thing :)
Auto memory off, then SET and key.
Auto memory on, if lock/unlock doesn't save your settings, keep pressing key button or 1 and 2 if you have saved settings on 1 and 2.
Simples.
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Thanks guys-sorted it!
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Thumbs Up