Front fog lights

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I have LEDs and have wondered the same. Are there front fogs with LEDs?

When I have pulled the light switch out to the first position there doesn't seem to be any change to the front lighting.

Pulling it out (ooh err missus) to the second position turns on a single rear fog light (driver's side only).

Is this correct?Confused

I am going to have to do something real men just do not do...... read the manual Shocked
GTS \o/ - sold :(

Paul

Post by Paul »

I was the same Phil, the LEDs are so good that the fogs make little difference to the overall visibility. I had to jump out of the car when I got home and go round to the front to check they actually come on.....they do
Now, with them on, how does the clever junction side-wash lighting work??? (Probably over-thinking things here!)

PS yes, second tug ( ) does put the rear red fog light on, and, referring to my OP, give me the dash warning light I so miss with the fronts.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Just to confirm, there is only one rear fog light and that is on the Driver's side? There is not a rear fog light on the nearside.Tall Phil2016-12-03 11:55:31
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Guy

Post by Guy »

Just to confirm, there is only one rear fog light and that is on the Driver's side? There is not a rear fog light on the nearside.

That's correct - just the single fog-light at the rear, on the driver's side.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Uh, now I've got to back outdoors again and check

Although something tells me you can only have one rear fog-guard on the o/s only.....? Some EU legislation maybe? Can't quite recall.........
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Peter_L

Post by Peter_L »

Switch only lights for front fogs I am fairly sure. Then second pull puts light on in dash for rear. Swapped my halogen fog light bulbs for Philips Ultinon LED fog bulbs. Easy to swap, match LED headlights and no error warnings.

What model number did you use for this?

Cheers,
P
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

Yep one fog light for beaurocratic reasons

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I have these:
http://www.philips.com.my/c-p/12834UNIX2/x-treme-ultinon-led-car-lamp
Phill

Post by Phill »

Having only one rear fog helps distinguish the fog light from brake lights. Luckily these days most drivers do not bang on the dazzling rear fogs at the slightest hint of mist.
Not so with the front fog lights, which are used by many drivers together with headlights as driving lights. Illegal and dazzling whilst helping illuminate just a few feet in front of your vehicle. Probably useful in a car park? but no help at driving speeds.
Comfortably Numb

Post by Comfortably Numb »

Yep noticed same this morning on my S D, Porsche "good to know" app says indicator comes on at both positions for front and rear but in reality only comes on at second click for rear.

Glad to know, from this forum, that this is how Macans work before I start pouring over electrical schematics to work out why on one indicator lights.

Perhaps the first click lights the indicator on the actual switch and the second lights the dash. Having no indication of a fog light being on seems rather counter intuitive considering the police may take a dim view of a porsche flying about with front fogs on.

Will check what the script is if I can prize the Macans keys out of the wifes hands