Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I'm probably treading on the toes of another thread, but on the note of my wife's test drive, she said she'd be interested if there was a Macan hybrid??? Does anyone know if there is one on the horizon?
www.porsche-code.com/PG1WQK91

Turbo Delivered by SANTA 25th Dec 2015!

Leakymacan

Post by Leakymacan »

I have a 2014 Macan S with a panoramic roof which started leaking a few months ago. The interior footwells on the passenger side front and rear have filled with water. The carpets are sodden and this has happened a number of times recently.Water sometimes runs down above the A pillar.
Has anyone else experienced this and what was the solution if there is one?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Check the drain holes in the roof-well / sunroof tray.
If the car us 4 yrs old, they may be full of leaves / crud which will fill the tray and allow water to overflow inside the car.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
happy days

Post by happy days »

On the Boxster models, it's fairly common to have to clean out the front and rear drain holes as water ingress can cause flooding of the floors on both sides. Not sure if the Macan is the same, but there is a box of electrical gubbins under the passenger seat and if water gets into this, it can cause all sorts of electrical faults, usually expensive. I'd be investigating this very quickly!
Macan S D
718 S
wizard

Post by wizard »

We've seen this before on the Macan, obviously check the drain holes at the front of the sunroof with it open and also the rear drains; easiest way is to pull them out from behind the removal trim panels at the back and then clean them and then re-insert with a bit of silicone lubricant. Once cleaned run plenty of warm water through the front holes with the roof open and then with the roof closed plenty of water over the rear of the sunroof; check the drains are flowing freely.

But in the cases we've seen it's the wind deflector channel that becomes full with water which then leaks into the car, the only way to resolve is to loosen the front sunroof and move it forward 1mm or so; it's a surprisingly easy job; probably 30mins.
Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF14VLL5
Leakymacan

Post by Leakymacan »

Many thanks for you help.
It would appear to be blocked drains but no formal diagnosis received.
Porsche GB say I have to have all the interior removed in order to establish whether the drains are blocked further in or the drains are fractured.
This is extremely expensive!
wizard

Post by wizard »

Initially, I'd get the drains checked. It's a simple procedure, particularly for the back drains. Certainly no trim needs removing to check the drains.....

Yes some trim needs removing to check if the pipes are fractured, but it's not particularly likely given the age of the car.

Leakymacan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 pm Many thanks for you help.
It would appear to be blocked drains but no formal diagnosis received.
Porsche GB say I have to have all the interior removed in order to establish whether the drains are blocked further in or the drains are fractured.
This is extremely expensive!
Delivered May 2015

Leakymacan

Post by Leakymacan »

Apparently drains not blocked.Smoke test and hose test administered and water runs freely. If anything since the tests completed situation has worsened.
Eclipse, can you tell me who dealt with your car at OPC Solihull please as I would like to speak to them.It would be very helpful as not getting any nearer to resolving the problem.
wizard

Post by wizard »

If you open the panoramic roof is the wind deflector wet? It the channel it sits in full with water?

If they both are wet, the moving the section of the panoramic roof needs to be moved forward a couple of mm. The OPC should be able to do this in 30mins or so.

Good luck getting it fixed.
Delivered May 2015

PD_GT3

Post by PD_GT3 »

wizard wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm We've seen this before on the Macan, obviously check the drain holes at the front of the sunroof with it open and also the rear drains; easiest way is to pull them out from behind the removal trim panels at the back and then clean them and then re-insert with a bit of silicone lubricant. Once cleaned run plenty of warm water through the front holes with the roof open and then with the roof closed plenty of water over the rear of the sunroof; check the drains are flowing freely.

But in the cases we've seen it's the wind deflector channel that becomes full with water which then leaks into the car, the only way to resolve is to loosen the front sunroof and move it forward 1mm or so; it's a surprisingly easy job; probably 30mins.
Hi, thanks for this, it's led me to believe I have the exact same issue. I'm even more convinced after cleaning the leading edge of the sunroof last night then going to the car this morning to find 2/3 times the usual amount of water in the foot well after a downpour

Do you have any idea of the procedure to make the adjustments?

Thanks,

Paul