Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I had water ingress issues with my previous car, a Range Rover Sport. It was two and a half years old when I got it and all doors became damp after I had had it about ten months. All the door seals had failed and the drivers door was the worst culprit. JLR refused to fix it as I'd had the roof wrapped ten months before. They claimed that was the cause and were unable to answer when I asked why it has taken ten months to manifest as a leak on all four doors. Basically did give a monkeys and now the British car industry has lost my custom forever.

Check your door seals.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 pm I had water ingress issues with my previous car, a Range Rover Sport. It was two and a half years old when I got it and all doors became damp after I had had it about ten months. All the door seals had failed and the drivers door was the worst culprit. JLR refused to fix it as I'd had the roof wrapped ten months before. They claimed that was the cause and were unable to answer when I asked why it has taken ten months to manifest as a leak on all four doors. Basically did give a monkeys and now the British car industry has lost my custom forever.

Check your door seals.
I half suspect Porsche would have said the same if the car was wrapped. Porsche are not known to take kindly to non OEM changes.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
PD_GT3

Post by PD_GT3 »

Just to let you know that Wizard was indeed correct & saved me a lot of investigation.

My friend came over & fixed this for me (he's a OPC tech) & it was very easy for him.

The big give away as mentioned is if the wind deflector is wet, he fixed it yesterday & I dried it all up, it's since rained very heavily overnight & it's bone dry.

Happy once again, almost 100k in now!
stanleysteamer

Post by stanleysteamer »

I have a 2015 macan that is back in the shop ( porche vancouver ) for the fourth time to stop my wet carpets, their fixes last about 6 months. any suggestions?
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

wizard wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm We've seen this before on the Macan, obviously check the drain holes at the front of the sunroof with it open and also the rear drains; easiest way is to pull them out from behind the removal trim panels at the back and then clean them and then re-insert with a bit of silicone lubricant. Once cleaned run plenty of warm water through the front holes with the roof open and then with the roof closed plenty of water over the rear of the sunroof; check the drains are flowing freely.

But in the cases we've seen it's the wind deflector channel that becomes full with water which then leaks into the car, the only way to resolve is to loosen the front sunroof and move it forward 1mm or so; it's a surprisingly easy job; probably 30mins.
Resurrecting an old thread here, but if you're still around can you please explain what is involved in loosening the front roof and moving it forward 1mm? and does this improve the seal in the roof?

My issue is that the water is coming into the car just above the A pillar and dripping onto the driver's footwell (nowhere else). It went back to the dealer who sold me it (not OPC) and they cleared out both front drains. That seemed to cure it for a while but with the weekend rain the problem is back again.

The front drains appear to be clear but the wind deflector is wet through and there is standing water in this area which doesn't seem to get channelled to the drain holes.
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition
Cmj

Post by Cmj »

Hi. Any instructions on how to move the roof would be greatly appreciated. Like others I have had the drains cleared and also other attempts to resolve my leaks but still experience a very very wet wind deflector so adjusting the roof sounds like the next place to look at.
Macan turbo 2015, black, black, black 21 Sport classic wheels, PSE, sport chrono,
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Hi, I had similar problems to the one you describe. In my case it was solved by the OPC using sealant on the roof. Take a look at the thread below....... others recount their issues in this area too......

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8345&start=60
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
pt964

Post by pt964 »

I had the pan roof seals completely replaced by OPC under warranty. Seems ok now
Westy

Post by Westy »

I've just collected my Macan after three weeks at the OPC for 'water ingress' plus a couple of minor rattles.
The water ingress was so bad that I was sat in a car park in a rain storm and could hear it dripping into the passenger footwell...
I've got some photos, so will see if I can upload.
Anyway, they cleaned the drains out which didn't work and ultimately changed the 'sunroof cassette', which they assure me has solved the problem.
Not sure what the sunroof cassette is, but roll on the weekend when I get the jet washer out for 'the test'! :evil:
RAA

Post by RAA »

So glad I didn't specify a sunroof, when I ordered my 2019 Macan S. Should be called a rain roof !