Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

Time to add another job to my OCD cleaning routine!

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2

bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

I had a near identical leak in a Yeti.A kinked drain tube inside the A pillar.
It took the dealers 3 days to remove the carpets and dry out the interior.
That's why my Macan doesn't have a pano roof.
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
johnphiladelphia

Post by johnphiladelphia »

A leak actually damaged my Control Unit rendering the car unusable, and I was stuck with a random hire car for three weeks.

I think the drainage system was kinked, and misdirecting any rainfall, which affected the rear driver side pillar. So guess it's more common than you think...

Unfortunately for me, Sheffield OPC were terrible, and I only got the car back after writing to Porsche Head Office...
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

12 months I don't think should show wear, or deteriorate to cause a leak.

The leather swole up temporarily, but has gone back down. OPC said before inspection they would look at that and change under warranty if needs be.

I'm away for the weekend (in their car) and hopefully fingers crossed should have an answer by Tuesday / Wednesday.

I will report back to you guys when I have more news.

Not to unduly worry you but having seen how these cars are made on a visit to Leipzig the leather facing for the dashboard is applied in a single piece and stretched over the dashboard frame which has adhesive already applied, the whole thing is then put in an oven to cure before moving into the various stages of the assembly process when instruments and other items get added. So if your leather has swollen its may have come away from the adhesive backing.
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Hi Eclipse
The OPC said they had a similar problem with a few Manans and had replaced the drainage tubes as the originals were not made cope with the rainfall in this part of the country.
Don't know if I believed them or not but whatever they did fixed the problem.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Eclipse
The OPC said they had a similar problem with a few Manans and had replaced the drainage tubes as the originals were not made cope with the rainfall in this part of the country. 
Don't know if I believed them or  not but whatever they did fixed the problem.

Wetter rain in tne UK compared to the rest of Europe?

Was it network rail who identified the wrong type of leaves and different variations of snow to explain delays a while back?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Blue Thunder is back on the drive!

All sorted, apparently when the drain off pipes in the pan roof can't cope with the excessive water flow the channel fills, on my car this area had a small gap which wasn't sealed.

I'm lead to believe that this gap should be sealed and the small gap is a fault, but I wasn't shown so can't confirm.

Only problem was, bracket for sun visor broke on refit of trims! 6-8 week wait on alcantara agate grey replacement, ouch. I'd better keep the sunglasses handy with that low winter sun!

All credit to the dealership, they were helpful and never complained when I returned the loaner with 830 miles on the clock when it only had 15 on a week ago!
www.porsche-code.com/PG1WQK91

Turbo Delivered by SANTA 25th Dec 2015!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

All credit to the dealership, they were helpful and never complained when I returned the loaner with 830 miles on the clock when it only had 15 on a week ago!

Similarly happy with my OPC who were pretty relaxed when I borrowed their Panamera 4SD for a day and put 440 miles on it!

Glad that your leak is sorted.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

P.S. Hopefully no lasting damage to your leather interior...?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

No, thankfully.

No sign of de-bonding, just the slight swelling when damp, which has now subsided..

TBH- myself and my wife have been pretty fed up when shopping for cars in the past until I bought this car, every dealership seemed pushy or false to get a sale, but the Solihull OPC have been fantastic throughout, helpful, and genuinely friendly. We never got so much as a phone call after my wife test drive a diesel, just returned it and said we'd let them know.

They have made us want to by another Porsche just so we don't have to deal with the likes of the Del Boy type my wife had at the local VW garage.
www.porsche-code.com/PG1WQK91

Turbo Delivered by SANTA 25th Dec 2015!