Query on swivelling down passenger mirror

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

I'd be grateful for some feedback on how far the mirror swivels down. I have checked the necessary box in settings but mine doesn't move anywhere near as much as is shown in the 'good to know' app video under parking and certainly not enough to see the kerb. Any thoughts?

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Off the top of my head i think it is a memory function when you go into reverse and it 'swivels' continue to adjust it to where you like it, it should return to that position next time if the memory is saved (I would go and try it but someone will beat me to it LOL).
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Paul

Post by Paul »

As Ferdie says, once reverse has been selected and the mirror drops down, you can further adjust it manually to suit you and then store that new mirror position in car or key memory (or both)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

Thanks gents, much appreciated.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Another good tip, must try that!
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
percypenquin

Post by percypenquin »

I'd be grateful for some information. I'm finding the tilted passenger mirror doesn't return to normal until after I drive off and not when I just select forward gear. Is there any way I can bring the mirror back when I need to without taking the tilt setting off completely?
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Good tip re how far the mirror goes. I feel mine goes too far and didn't know it could be adjusted.
I think it goes to normal when you drive off. Not sure you can change that
percypenquin

Post by percypenquin »

It's just that I can't see down the road where we regularly park (it's on a hill) and I normally use that mirror to check it's safe to drive off. I might just have to remove the setting. Thanks anyway.

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I don't think you need to drive off; after it has been out of Reverse for ,say, 10 secs it returns to normal you may get what you want just by waiting a little longer. ?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Pp, if you press the drivers door mirror button in the armrest the passenger door mirror will swivel back up