Steering Wheel Diameter

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
mdc124

Post by mdc124 »

Daft Question

Does the SD have a different size/diameter steering wheel than the GTS?

can anyone post the diameter of theirs?

might sound a daft question but there is a reason I ask :)

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

They are the same size..I've gone for the carbon fiber wheel and if you want it to feel a little smaller and more tactile this is the wheel for that..
plus free heating is fab in the winter inmho
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Daft Question

Does the SD have a different size/diameter steering wheel than the GTS?

can anyone post the diameter of theirs?

might sound a daft question but there is a reason I ask :)

Which wheel diameter did you want? The SD or the GTS? I presume you have the other one
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I have just been and measured it. External diameter of my SD is 37.3cm or thereabouts. It is a standard wheel with heating. 17plate, so this year model.
mdc124

Post by mdc124 »

Which wheel diameter did you want? The SD or the GTS? I presume you have the other one

I am pre lockdown on a gts but I found that the speedo is obscured by the steering wheel as I have steering wheel adaptation fitted.

From further reading I understand that it's a bit of a 'known problem' on the macan and the cayenne - hence the digital speed in the rev counter.
mdc124

Post by mdc124 »

I have just been and measured it. External diameter of my SD is 37.3cm or thereabouts. It is a standard wheel with heating. 17plate, so this year model.

Thanks!
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

The analogue speedo in modern Porsches is about as much use as a chocolate teapot so obscuring it isn't going to be a major issue IMO.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

The analogue speedo in modern Porsches is about as much use as a chocolate teapot so obscuring it isn't going to be a major issue IMO.

+1. I never use the speedo, I find it strangely calibrated. Perhaps it is a "Porsche" thing but I find it a waste of time. Digital readout for me Thumbs Up
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

+1.  I never use the speedo, I find it strangely calibrated.  Perhaps it is a "Porsche" thing but I find it a waste of time.  Digital readout for me Thumbs Up

I don't ever use the analogue speedo. It's useless! Too small, wrong position and odd calibration with the numbers used. They might as well get rid of it and put something else there
microbe

Post by microbe »

+1.  I never use the speedo, I find it strangely calibrated.  Perhaps it is a "Porsche" thing but I find it a waste of time.  Digital readout for me Thumbs Up

I don't ever use the analogue speedo. It's useless! Too small, wrong position and odd calibration with the numbers used. They might as well get rid of it and put something else there

+1 It would be useful to have a second information binnacle in it's place. Mind you that might be a little taxing for Porsche engineers as some owners have problems with the single one we have
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9