Heated seats strange behaviour

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Agree with the other replies. Have had heated seats on my last four Porsche cars and all three leds should light up on first press of button no matter what the outside temperature.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Just as I thought, looks like a trip back to the OPC. Its the sae on both sides and it seems to have gone from occasionally working to not at all now, 3 lights on then off pretty much instantly. Other than this and a rattle that's just started from the passenger side dash the car is superb.

Thanks for the help .

I have a rattle there as well. I think it is the glove box door. Not sure what to do about it.
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

If I had to guess at the cause of the problem I'd say the switch or a connection on the switch making a jittery contact that is effectively three presses of the button hence turning the heating off again. If it was the heating elements the led indications would be on but the heating element would not warm up.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
happy days

Post by happy days »

On one of our Golfs - about 15+ years ago, a Mk IV) the drivers front heated seat caught fire and set my son's trousers on fire. I kid you not. Cloth heated seats are a no-no in our house these days.
Macan S D
718 S