Macan GTS Steering Wheel Squeak

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
AG23

Post by AG23 »

My 5 week old GTS is sick after 800 miles.

Last week I noticed a squeak when turning the steering wheel at low speed. I took it to Porsche West London who lubicrated the steering column and confirmed it had the latest steering column part as I noticed on the forum that this was a known issue a year ago. The car was returned to my on Friday but the squeak is still there particularly bad when first setting off

Anyone had a similar issue?

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes I have this too on my Sept 16 GTS. Haven't reported yet to dealer as I don't drive the car a lot and it isn't that serious. However I will not put up with the issue so I'm interested to hear how you get on with getting it sorted.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Had my GTS since December and again same issue. Not been reported yet but it will be when I have a little time.
Had it from day 1 and still the same 1000 miles later.

There is a post about this already but can't find it currently but do believe the problem was resolved by a little lubrication which OPC did.
GTS 😀
Towser

Post by Towser »

Seems to be a fairly common issue as mine does this as well but as yet I don't hear it enough to annoy me! It appears to only be around the centre point and is drowned out if I have music on. Again not done anything about it so would be interested to hear how you progress?
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9
SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

Mine is going in on Tuesday for the 'squeak' , only happens when I'm parking up.

It's not that bad but cars going in to have wheels sent away to rectify lack of paint where wheel nuts are situated so thought may as well get sorted at the same time.
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Same. here. More of a sigh when turning the wheel (not me, the car). Smile Not there all the time.

Haven't got around to getting it sorted yet.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
JBA

Post by JBA »

I have the same issue on my GTS which was delivered early March. Plan to report it to OPC as it should not be happening on £60k brand new premium car.
Macan GTS Mark 1 - bought new 2017 and sold 2024
Macan GTS Mark 3 - bought new 2024
Matt

Post by Matt »

Had the issue at low speed, mostly when parking. Dealer replaced some rubber bung, and the issue was resolved
AG23

Post by AG23 »

Mine is going back in on Thursday. Do you know where the rubber bung is located or what it is covering up?