Dent in my door :(

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Even ifs it’s not yours..?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:38 pm Even ifs it’s not yours..?

Preferably your own child, grandchild, niece, nephew etc. :)

Personally, I avoid parking in 'parent & family' spaces or 'disabled' spaces. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

I have the identical dent... so annoyed! Done on a car park i assume.

Dent Devils been today and they don’t want to touch it. OPC it will be then... dreading the cost 😡
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

FranCK wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 pm I have the identical dent... so annoyed! Done on a car park i assume.

Dent Devils been today and they don’t want to touch it. OPC it will be then... dreading the cost 😡
☹️
Ask the dealership to quote for “smart” repair first. It may be that they use someone else who may be able to remove your ding.
Otherwise.....££s👎
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
FranCK

Post by FranCK »

The guy who came out spoke to the smart repair guy who deals with my OPC... They believe removing the sideblade to get at the dent may snap the fittings. Will speak to the Centre Principle tomorrow who i know.. 😪
Current: Volcano Grey SD 2017, Mercedes E250 AMG conv. Audi Q5 2.0 S line + Audi Q5 2.0. Audi A3 S Line. Nissan Navara 2.5. And many VW Golf 😀
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

I had a dent on a crease line, not on a Macan but I was amazed at how well a smart repair worked. It was a scaffolder on a street in London - the guy had turned and had not estimated the turning radius of the pole. It didn't look dissimilar to your dent.

I looked into repairs and I had people telling me they'd use filler, manufacturer owned garage pointed me to the body shop they use who wanted to respray the side after panel beating for a cost of £3k.

In the end, Dentman. £115. He gained access via trim, inserted a tool to get the angle and eased it out and then used wet and dry at god knows what grit to even the surface and then polished. The trick is being able to get the angle to manipulate the crease obviously. Guess the advantage with the OPC is that they will have exploded diagrams of the build of the car so will know where to lever and pull on trim components.

Dentman is franchised I think so it comes down to individuals.
Davismj

Post by Davismj »

I have just had the exact same dent on my 3 week old Macan GTS. I contacted Dent Devils and they cannot do anything. I then contacted OPC in Guildford and just received a quote of £2,300!!!!!

Does anyone know any good body shops in the Redhill / Reigate area that they have used? I cannot spend that much money on a small ding but it’s v annoying spot
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Why can Dent Devils not do anything?

I'd recommend Dentman in Twickenham, but he no longer does mobile. He will do it within an hour or so though, so whilst you get a coffee in Twickenham. http://www.dentman.co.uk/
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
martind21

Post by martind21 »

I have finally got a date for my repair!

JCT Body Clinic in Bradford are going to be carrying out the work in August.
Only thing is it's in Bradford and I'm in Teesside. They are giving me a courtesy car but wonder what it will be :?
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

They gave me a BMW 116d last year as a loaner.
Not so easy to get in and out of and you seemed to sit so low down. :roll:
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.