Porsche Macan Sun Shade

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Guy

Post by Guy »

I realise that it's not really OEM as Porsche do not make one, but does anyone know of a UK (or even Europe) supplier of these. They are already expensive without postage from the US:

Of course if I order one it will start raining! :)

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I 'bit the bullet' and ordered one from the States. Has been an absolute 'gem' over the last few weeks as car is parked outside at home and work.
I do believe it is a CoverCraft shade that has a Porsche Logo printed on as there is no OEM shade. May be worth contacting CoverCraft to see if you can get one from them?

IMG_3164.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I sure will be getting one ... I cannot believe how hot the interior of the Macan gets , its a green house!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

If anyone does find a reasonably priced one of these in the UK, please post the link as I too want one! We visited some friends in Bahrain a couple of years ago and found that one of these makes a big difference when it is hot and sunny.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

You do realise that if you buy one we will not see the sun for the rest of the year :lol:
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Col M

Post by Col M »

Tall Phil wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:37 pm You do realise that if you buy one we will not see the sun for the rest of the year :lol:
Well I've just bought an ice maker. :o
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Tall Phil wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:37 pm You do realise that if you buy one we will not see the sun for the rest of the year :lol:
Well that is obviously the case - but maybe we will see it again next year!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 pm If anyone does find a reasonably priced one of these in the UK, please post the link as I too want one! We visited some friends in Bahrain a couple of years ago and found that one of these makes a big difference when it is hot and sunny.
Have searched UK suppliers and not found anything. Best that I have at the moment is this, but I am not sure how the 'import charges' work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Maca ... 1438.l2649
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Don't think I will bother at that price. But thanks for sharing.
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Guy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 pm
Ian.g wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 pm If anyone does find a reasonably priced one of these in the UK, please post the link as I too want one! We visited some friends in Bahrain a couple of years ago and found that one of these makes a big difference when it is hot and sunny.
Have searched UK suppliers and not found anything. Best that I have at the moment is this, but I am not sure how the 'import charges' work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Maca ... 1438.l2649
I used the same import company from eBay above. The total import charge was around £17 and the company sorts it all out.Shipping was fast and I was impressed as it comes from California. So total cost for shade was around £70. I consider it a sound investment over a dried, faded, cracking leather dash???