Porsche Macan Sun Shade

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Agreed... However I doubt if it will be that bad ,these materials are left in the desert sun in a green house for years etc, but ยฃ70 is a sound investment to ovoid problems and have a cool car... someone should order some and sell them here, I would pay more only because Iโ€™m OCD about my cars!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now ๐Ÿ˜Š

VanB

Post by VanB »

Presumably, as a non-Porsche accessory it will invalidate your warranty :lol:
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

:lol: :lol: ... knew there would be a catch!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now ๐Ÿ˜Š
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I also have a desire for a correct fitting windscreen shade, therefore , I contacted Covercraft Europe via email, no reply. I called them and spoke to a lady on reception who told be that nothing is manufactured in Europe and is imported from the States. Also, they only do car covers. I asked if somebody from marketing could contact me by telephone but so far, nothing. Conclusion, they can't be a***d.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cheshire Cat wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 pm I also have a desire for a correct fitting windscreen shade, therefore , I contacted Covercraft Europe via email, no reply. I called them and spoke to a lady on reception who told be that nothing is manufactured in Europe and is imported from the States. Also, they only do car covers. I asked if somebody from marketing could contact me by telephone but so far, nothing. Conclusion, they can't be a***d.

Or, maybe, they only do car covers.....๐Ÿ˜‰
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Paul wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:49 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:45 pm I also have a desire for a correct fitting windscreen shade, therefore , I contacted Covercraft Europe via email, no reply. I called them and spoke to a lady on reception who told be that nothing is manufactured in Europe and is imported from the States. Also, they only do car covers. I asked if somebody from marketing could contact me by telephone but so far, nothing. Conclusion, they can't be a***d.

As stated above. :roll:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cheshire Cat wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes, hence the โ€œwinkโ€

My point was that it should come as no surpise that a car cover company, or their marketing dept would be slow in coming back to you, if at all, regarding a product they donโ€™t deal with.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Paul wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes, hence the โ€œwinkโ€

My point was that it should come as no surpise that a car cover company, or their marketing dept would be slow in coming back to you, if at all, regarding a product they donโ€™t deal with.
So what happened to customer service? For all they know. I may require a car cover. Actually, I did buy one from them some years ago and they were made on site in the UK.
RobinAnthony

Post by RobinAnthony »

Hey there! I totally feel you on wanting to find a reasonably priced one of those handy gadgets for hot and sunny weather.
wingless

Post by wingless »

My southern Florida Macan is always covered in a California Car Cover Co. custom fit car cover. Mine is made from the Supremeweave All Weather Outdoor Custom Car Cover with Fleece Lining SKU: P30.

The interior is SUPER soft.

The fit is AMAZING.

It does an excellent job of protecting everything from the tropical sunshine, helping to keep the vehicle looking new.

I have a fold / unfold process that works very well for me to remove / replace / store the cover.

My only "complaint" is the custom red embroidery has faded in the intense sunshine. By contrast the custom blue embroidery on my slightly older CJ-5 Jeep cover has barely faded.

2022 Macan