Leather rip off?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Anyone noticed on the UK configurator how if you opt for electric sports seats (which are apparently leather) then you add partial leather interior (which would add leather seat centres IF you had standard seats) you still pay full price for both!! :shock:

This means your paying full price of just over a grand for the partial leather package, but only getting leather dash top edge and leather door pulls/arm rests! Your seat centres will already be leather if you've chosen the sport seat option!

Surely the price should be adjusted accordingly as it always has been when I've configured my previous BMWs! This strikes me as a typical rip off tactic by Porsche (or is it just a mistake?) Anyways, I will ask the sales guy when I do come to order my Macan to see if they will adjust the price, otherwise it will just be the leather sports seats for me!
:ugeek:

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You might be right in what you're saying. However, I should have a look at a Macan without, at least, the partial leather package to see if you can live with it for however long you keep the car just on a point of principle.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Paul

Post by Paul »

....was always the case on the phase 1 too. I paid for comfort seats and the partial leather to get the leather dash and door tops......no refunds!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

On-Track wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 am You might be right in what you're saying. However, I should have a look at a Macan without, at least, the partial leather package to see if you can live with it for however long you keep the car just on a point of principle.
I will don't worry! Looking at the configurator again, exactly the same thing happens if you have a full leather interior & the sports seats... you pay twice for the leather on the seats!!! That's definitely a rip off! :o

I originally wanted at least some leather in the cabin and now know I definitely want sports seats.... as they come in leather I'm not too bothered about having additional leather as, while it does look nice on the dash and armrests, it's certainly not a deal breaker for me!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

nozydog wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:01 pm
On-Track wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 am You might be right in what you're saying. However, I should have a look at a Macan without, at least, the partial leather package to see if you can live with it for however long you keep the car just on a point of principle.
I will don't worry! Looking at the configurator again, exactly the same thing happens if you have a full leather interior & the sports seats... you pay twice for the leather on the seats!!! That's definitely a rip off! :o

I originally wanted at least some leather in the cabin and now know I definitely want sports seats.... as they come in leather I'm not too bothered about having additional leather as, while it does look nice on the dash and armrests, it's certainly not a deal breaker for me!
And if you're paying for the nice fluffy alcantara headlining, you don't get a discount if you pay for the pano roof.

Porsche make Ripoff Britain look like a lottery win.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Paul

Post by Paul »

Although, I’ve always thought that a “rip off” implied some form of deceit, fraud or underhand tactics. All the above examples are clearly priced for the consumer to make an informed decision.

Imoral, profiteering maybe......😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Paul wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm Although, I’ve always thought that a “rip off” implied some form of deceit, fraud or underhand tactics. All the above examples are clearly priced for the consumer to make an informed decision.

Fair, although:

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 22.02.35.png

Sounds like Porsche to me :)

And of course, a fool and his/her money are soon parted. One born every minute. Etc.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col M

Post by Col M »

How can it be a rip off when I can spec acid green seat panels now! Is being able to specify contrasting leather colours new too?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

goron59 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:33 pm
nozydog wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:01 pm

And if you're paying for the nice fluffy alcantara headlining, you don't get a discount if you pay for the pano roof.

Porsche make Ripoff Britain look like a lottery win.
Also, if paying for metallic, ‘special’ or PTS paint, you don’t get a discount if your roof is mostly glass, and not painted metal. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm Although, I’ve always thought that a “rip off” implied some form of deceit, fraud or underhand tactics. All the above examples are clearly priced for the consumer to make an informed decision.

Profiteers are the flippers who buy a GT model, barely use it, then sell it on for a massive profit, potentially to a genuine enthusiast who actually intends to drive & enjoy the car! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018