Comfort memory pack not working

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Hello fellow members
Macan SD with 18 way sports seats with comfort pack.
I have for the last 3 years had problems with my comfort memory package, well the electric seat. When the ignition key is removed the steering wheel will be raised and at the same time the the driver’s seat will go back. What has been happening is that the seat attempts to move then doesn’t. This has been happening on a weekly basis. It has been back to Tonbridge Porsche on several occasions. only for no fault found to be written on the job card. I finally had enough and knew that I had to get my Macan re booked back in to be seen. With only three weeks warranty left the car went in. It has now been in the garage for virtually a month. After tens days they had seen the problem. The problem is how to fix it? Well, I was called today to say the Macan is ready. I was told that they found the battery charge level was low. It just needed charging.

I would totally understand if it had something to do with the battery (I my opinion) I use the Macan everyday day on the motorway. I have been told when the battery gets low it disengages the comfort memory pack. Well it doesn’t help me because I still have to use the controls to still move the seat back to get out. Why does it not stop the steering wheel moving then?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Any thoughts on what to do?
Ald.

andreas

Post by andreas »

The comfort memory on mine has not worked occasionally. But mostly it works.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Mine does this occasionally. The steering wheel goes up as the key is removed and the seat goes back as the door handle is opened. Sometimes the seat jerks back a tiny bit and stops. If I shut the door, put the key in, remove it again and open the door again, it works fine. I doubt it is anything to do with the battery as it works the second time. I just look at it as a computer so it sometimes doesn’t work properly. Every other computer I have intermittently doesn’t work properly (2 PCs, iPads, iPhones, routers... the list goes on). I suspect there isn’t a fix. If you want to prove it isn’t the battery, shut the door, put the key back in and remove/open door and it will probably work fine. But if you do find a fix, please post!
Paul

Post by Paul »

😂
Control, alt, delete, and carry on as usual!

(Bloody computers!)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Hello gentlemen (and ladies if we have any)

I hope you all had a great Christmas and new year!

I have got my Macan back on the 12 December. I was told that all was fixed. I had it delivered back and left in my driveway. I had to move the Macan to a more suitable place. In doing so after my second switch off the seat stopped again. This was just two hours after delivery. I called the dealer to say it has happened yet again. After over a week I had to chase the dealer and I asked them what were they going to do about it. I think they still don’t have a clue. They said they will have it back and try a control unit, it is meant to be underneath the seat, so seat to be taken out. I am waiting on a date when the Macan can go back in.

I am greatfull that I’m not the only who only has this problem, not that I would wish it on anyone. It’s becoming really annoying now.
Thank you for all your replies.
Cheers
Ald
Ald.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Mine has stopped working again. I'm not taking it to an OPC as it's not that important, but I'll mention it when the service is due.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

My car also does the same , sometimes it holds the memory and sometimes it doesn’t, I use my key and the wife has the second key, very frustrating and intermittent , good luck with Porsche trying to find the fault never mind fixing it. Have you videoed it and showed Porsche ?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLKU4L5
Peter_L

Post by Peter_L »

I have found if it jams on something in the back it will stop and loose function. If you run it back and forward in full rage it sometimes recovers or they have to do the same with the PIWIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gonzalomini

Post by gonzalomini »

Hello Try to reset the seat.

The memory needs to remember the position, but needs to know the limits.
ignition on, move all forward. and hold the bottom 2 sec. then move all back and hold 2 sec.
Move all down and hold 2 sec. Move all up and hold 2 sec.