Horrendously excessive internal condensation

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:06 pm
r1flyguy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 pm Dropped the Macan off at OPC Solihul today to get this seen too.

They had it listed for a warranty recall :shock: and investigate the leak before the carpets are ruined.

In the 2 years & 3 months of ownership, it’s had a brand new set of front tyres at 15k due to serious uneven wear albeit the GEO showed no issues!!! A new pdk gearbox, new steering unit (power steering failed) and a camera of some sort associated with the ACC.
The warranty is due for renewal in May, looks like I’ll have no choice but to renew given the continual issue :roll:

The trouble is everytime i drive it, i just love the Macan!!!!!

I’ll update the thread when i know more.
Blimey, if you didn’t have bad luck you would have no luck at all. You must have been on good terms with the Enterprise car hire staff.
:D you have to laugh, or you’d cry ;)

Very luckily for them, i have access to 2 other cars and work away a lot so I've mainly arranged repairs whilst im out the country so as not to need the use of a loaner. Had i not then hell yeah, id be driving all manner of courtesy cars :lol:
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

r1flyguy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 pm Dropped the Macan off at OPC Solihul today to get this seen too.

They had it listed for a warranty recall :shock: and investigate the leak before the carpets are ruined.

In the 2 years & 3 months of ownership, it’s had a brand new set of front tyres at 15k due to serious uneven wear albeit the GEO showed no issues!!! A new pdk gearbox, new steering unit (power steering failed) and a camera of some sort associated with the ACC.
The warranty is due for renewal in May, looks like I’ll have no choice but to renew given the continual issue :roll:

The trouble is everytime i drive it, i just love the Macan!!!!!

I’ll update the thread when i know more.
That all sound awful Flyguy. Uneven wear, especially on the outside of hard driven heavy SUVs isnt uncommon. Just goes to show that JLR isnt the only car make with patchy quality issues.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Just had the obligatory call from Solihul to say,

They have checked for damp!!! (They did this 2 weeks ago and it was wet)

They will charge £900 just to remove all the trim to investigate the cause should it not be a warranty issue :shock:
They didn't tell me that 2 weeks ago! £900 ffs and thats before any replacement parts that WILL be required :roll: Porsche tax at its best
Sorry guys im just venting frustration

Apparently the warranty extension doesnt cover things the normal factory warranty covers

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Guy

Post by Guy »

r1flyguy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am Apparently the warranty extension doesnt cover things the normal factory warranty covers
I was told that the major difference was that an extension does not cover 'cosmetics'. That hardly applies in this case!
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Guy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 am
r1flyguy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 am Apparently the warranty extension doesnt cover things the normal factory warranty covers
I was told that the major difference was that an extension does not cover 'cosmetics'. That hardly applies in this case!
I know theres an exhaustive list somewhere but as im out the country now I dont have it to hand.
Im told it doesn’t cover seals. I also appreciate that on a 10 year old + car used excessively but its coming up to 4 years old and 19.5k miles and very clean. Even i would hope that Porsche quality assurance was better than this.

The wifes audi a3 is near the same age and on 80k miles and we had no issues at all with that :lol:

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Guy

Post by Guy »

Here are the T&Cs from my Warranty Extension:

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Guy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 am Here are the T&Cs from my Warranty Extension:
Thanks Guy, very much appreciated, i have to say its odd that seals are not actually mentioned in the wear & tear items list.

At present i do not know if it is infact a seal, it may be something totally different such as a blocked drain pipe as suggested in this thread buy our experienced members but no doubt its just one of those calls from Porsche to prepare you for the worst and pray for the best :)

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Called the OPC for an updaye as they have had the Macan for a week now

They have yet to find the cause of the leak :shock:

All the interior is removed and their ‘initial’ thoughts of it being a door seal have been did ounted and now they are looking at the sunroof!! Should they not have started their first????

Get back to UK tomorrow and have no personal vehicle to use and they have no courtesy car . Not getting the 911 out of hibernation for sake of the next 7 days.

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

HOWEVER, I will still have huge problem with EXTERNAL condensation. After washing the car and drying it, when entering my garage the whole car immediately starts to soak and almost pouring water. What the hell is that for?

So I thought if I left the car outside for an whole night to dry out(it's really cold here now) I get the same thing when entering the garage, the whole car get wet. It's really irritating because I can never keep my car really clean and it takes away from the pleasure of owning such as beautiful car. :evil:
[/quote]

Hi Ponbon, re external condensation, are you somewhere in Sweden? If so I guess your current temperature is what -5 -10c or lower, with humidity say plus 90? If your garage is heated in anyway your car will certainly be wet all over.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Porker

Post by Porker »

r1flyguy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 pm Called the OPC for an updaye as they have had the Macan for a week now

They have yet to find the cause of the leak :shock:

All the interior is removed and their ‘initial’ thoughts of it being a door seal have been did ounted and now they are looking at the sunroof!! Should they not have started their first????

Get back to UK tomorrow and have no personal vehicle to use and they have no courtesy car . Not getting the 911 out of hibernation for sake of the next 7 days.
Hi flyguy, I was speaking to a guy who had water ingress on his macan, apparently the fault was coming from the roof bars,
the seals on the fixings through the roof were the problem.
I don't know if you have the roof rails.
Anyway, i´ve been a bit of a lurker on this forum and i think its great.
I will pull the trigger on a macan this year and post pics, i was gonna do it last year
but the taxman wouldn't allow it.
Cheers.