Lacquer peeling!

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

If the OPC has its own bodyshop facilities they really should have the skill and expertise to diagnose the issue, understand the root cause and advise the best way forward.

Get in touch with the dealer ASAP and kick start the process.

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D

DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Thanks for your comments and thoughts. I have contacted my SE at the OPC I bought from and his initial reaction is that it wouldn't be covered by the warranty. That said he has passed my details onto the service department to book it in so they can take a better look. Will keep you all posted.

Dave
Dave
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

DaveS wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 pm Thanks for your comments and thoughts. I have contacted my SE at the OPC I bought from and his initial reaction is that it wouldn't be covered by the warranty. That said he has passed my details onto the service department to book it in so they can take a better look. Will keep you all posted.

Dave
Your SE sounds like T!T, he is not in the slightest qualified to make any such remarks and unless there is evidence of the sideblades being removed ( e.g. If the carbon finish was a retrofit ) the lacquer peeling with no evidence of any external abrasives should definitely be covered under the paint warranty, which at 3 years is already pathetic when so many manufacturers offer better. don't let them fob you off.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6