Swapping walnut dash and door trim

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Yes - it def. has a visible wood grain effect.....

Ref your original trim change question: over the years, I seem to have been always pulling car trims apart for fun.
In earlier days it was installing mobile phones and better hi fi ( lots of BMW’s and some Volvos)
More recently, its been upgrading my boys cars (Golf, Focus) to full leather & sports seats via eBay breakers, for relative pennies.

Changing Macan trims doesn’t look difficult as a DIY job. Or I’d suggest getting (labour) prices from decent Audio installers or car repair shops - they have extensive experience of trim removal, & far cheaper labour prices than OPC’s.

I just searched ‘Macan Door Trim removal 2017’ on uTube, and there are videos showing it takes less than 5 mins per door... (plastic trim removal tools available from Halfords, eBay, Amazon..)

Sourcing your preferred trim will be OPC.
There are a few Macan’s being broken with parts available via eBay, but I’d be reluctant to purchase remotely on trim pieces - they are so easily damaged during removal.

There are ebay bargains to be had if you are so inclined:
I’ve recently bought a spare Macan rear bumper undertray (ebay £45) to cut about to fit a removable Westfalia Towbar (from eBay used as new £85, compared to PF Jones new at £250+) & an as-new ashtray with lid lid for c £30.

If you really like the Macan you are going to view, ask them about changing the trim as part of the deal.
If they are not keen (highly probable, as ‘sales dept.’ will get charged by ‘service dept’ to do the work) then try and get them to just supply you the new parts. You could obtain new parts in the ‘deal’ for free, or at cost/trade prices, NOT customer retail price.

- I fully expect other members to say ‘just walk away & find another Macan with the right spec’.
- very sound advice ( though where is the fun in that! 😀

Good luck !!
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Walking away just for a walnut trim installed is a bit extreme if everything else fits the bill.

Its not as though a Macan Turbo is a mainstream motor where there arehundreds in your price range.

Compromise will no doubt need to happen somewhere along.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
adam b

Post by adam b »

Thanks Fun, that’s a good idea getting them to throw in the parts (which cost them half what they charge me). Then get a good indie to swap them

Col - agree you have to compromise somewhere but there is plenty of flow of used cars around my budget, and everyone has their must or must not haves.

It’s all personal taste but wood is a showstopper for me unless car was cheaper such that the trim change was paid for.
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

If only as a picture list of the parts required....

Carbon Fibre trim set from ebay Germany, c €470. ( nb - not OEM)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Carbon-Dekorlei ... nav=SEARCH

(I.... must ..... now..... stop.... looking .... at ....ebay 🤣😂🤣)
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Screen shot from the eBay advert

B4E8AE3F-79FE-4BA4-9D1A-3FE4748962CC.jpeg

adam b

Post by adam b »

Funrider wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am If only as a picture list of the parts required....

Carbon Fibre trim set from ebay Germany, c €470. ( nb - not OEM)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Carbon-Dekorlei ... nav=SEARCH
thanks, maybe I should just get you to find me a car :lol:

Got to love ze Germans - that looks live a voodoo blue car, with two tone brown leather and red stitching :o :o :o
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)