Agate grey interior advice

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Hey Macan-istas,

Looking for a bit of impartial advice. My search to acquire a GTS is ticking along, and I’ve come across a car with an OPC which has a two tone Agate/Pebble grey interior. Spec-wise the car is ticking the boxes I’m looking for - my main concern is the Agate grey colour on the upper parts of the dash, gear selector and door cards. The photos make it look almost brown and I’m worried it’s the kinda combination which may affect resale. I do think the pebble grey works fine and actually brightens up the interior nicely but would sticking with a more traditional black interior be a better bet? I tend to only keep cars for a couple of years tops so I do try and consider resale...

Cheers,
Scotty
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...

Paul

Post by Paul »

Scottchp wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 pm Hey Macan-istas,

Looking for a bit of impartial advice. My search to acquire a GTS is ticking along, and I’ve come across a car with an OPC which has a two tone Agate/Pebble grey interior. Spec-wise the car is ticking the boxes I’m looking for - my main concern is the Agate grey colour on the upper parts of the dash, gear selector and door cards. The photos make it look almost brown and I’m worried it’s the kinda combination which may affect resale. I do think the pebble grey works fine and actually brightens up the interior nicely but would sticking with a more traditional black interior be a better bet? I tend to only keep cars for a couple of years tops so I do try and consider resale...

Cheers,
Scotty
Pebble was one of my choices when I was looking at ordering my GTS. I saw one at the dealership in Sapphire with the Agate Pebble interior and , like many, found the agate too “brown”

I eventually chose the eye-watering full GTS interior....(and don’t regret it!)

And yes, from a short-term residual view, standard black will be the better bet, all others things being equal.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Scottchp wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 pm two tone Agate/Pebble grey interior. Spec-wise the car is ticking the boxes I’m looking for - my main concern is the Agate grey colour on the upper parts of the dash,
I've got it and I love it :)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Quite a dilemma.

You have not said what the exterior colour is.

I do like the light colour of the seats and I could live with the brown hue of the dash and other trim with said hue, BUT it would have to be with the right external colour.

Having seen a fair number of Macans with various interiors and exterior colours for me the combi works best with an Agate Grey exterior, then second best comes Carmine Red whilst I am not a fan myself of the Carmine colour the light grey seating did look particularly good against the Red exterior.

It could even work with solid white, but Metallic white has a blue hue so that could look like a clash of hues.

I have seen a Black GTS with Agate/Pebble and to me it does not work.

Resale value, well probably a full Black interior will have a higher residual value than your Agate/Peddle GTS, but in any case a GTS is the sweet variant with regard to vfm.

That said if you like it go for it, buy for you not the next owner.

Hope this helps.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you need some more pics of Sapphire with Pebble / Agate, marktarga had that combo a while back

search.php?author_id=319&sr=posts
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

2017-05-02 (5).JPG

Pure Agate
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 pm Quite a dilemma.

You have not said what the exterior colour is.

I do like the light colour of the seats and I could live with the brown hue of the dash and other trim with said hue, BUT it would have to be with the right external colour.

Having seen a fair number of Macans with various interiors and exterior colours for me the combi works best with an Agate Grey exterior, then second best comes Carmine Red whilst I am not a fan myself of the Carmine colour the light grey seating did look particularly good against the Red exterior.

It could even work with solid white, but Metallic white has a blue hue so that could look like a clash of hues.

I have seen a Black GTS with Agate/Pebble and to me it does not work.

Resale value, well probably a full Black interior will have a higher residual value than your Agate/Peddle GTS, but in any case a GTS is the sweet variant with regard to vfm.

That said if you like it go for it, buy for you not the next owner.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, the car itself is indeed Agate Grey. It does look good, but having not seen it in the flesh I’m a bit reticent.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

If a car has the Agate/Pebble interior, then I'd say the best exterior colour is Agate Grey!

Result! :)

(There's an Agate Grey GTS for sale on here & it looks the business!)

That way, both your interior & exterior will have a brownish hue in some lighting conditions, but Agate has been a popular & classic Porsche colour for a while now.

Having said that, you do really need to see it in the metal before you commit to purchase.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That is a relief after what I said that the exterior is Agate Grey.

Will be interested to read about what you think if you do go and have a closer look at it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Scottchp wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 pm Hey Macan-istas,

Looking for a bit of impartial advice.

Cheers,
Scotty
To be fair, if you want impartial advice then this forum is not the place to look :D . We all of us have our own opinions as to what looks right and what doesn't.

My Sapphire Blue SD with the Agate/Pebble Grey leather interior still looks just as good to me as it did at delivery but others might say I'm biased. TBH you should try and look at the various colour combinations and see if one says "wow" to you.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel