Bad design of seat backs

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Driver77

Post by Driver77 »

This has just happened to me, however not as a consequence of the comfort entry mode. It happened on the rear of the passenger seat when the missus put the seat back and it hit the isofix base. It pushed the back in as described above. I’ve managed to get my hand behind, although it’s popped out it has definitely distorted from its original shape. Gutted as I’ve only had the car a few days. Anyone have any tips to resolve or replace cost effectively I’d be most grateful.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

The seat back has two clips at the top which need to be unclipped, and then slid downwards to remove.

Capture.PNG

The price on US sites is approx $300 but it depends on colour / spec etc. which you would need to know for an exact price. If you remove the back then no doubt the part number will be on the inside!
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

They look the same as the seat backs of an Audi A6 of the same vintage. I had an A6 next to my Macan to compare and I’m fairly sure they are the same.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.