Manually adjusting SD mirror position - possible?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
maxf

Post by maxf »

Hi everybody,

I'm hoping this is a simple (but annoying) issue - I have a macan gts with sport design mirrors. On folding the mirrors using the button or remote, the driver's side mirror is fine, but the passenger side moves in too far and touches the door trim... this has caused it to scrape some paint off the mirror housing and mark the trim. Something has stopped the mirror from stopping in the correct place... has anybody else had this and is there a fix?

I've no idea how long it has been happening, but as I only took delivery of the car on Tuesday I'd like to sort it before it gets potentially worse!

Thanks!

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Why not take it back to the dealer you bought it from and get them to fix it?

As long as the car is less than three years old it should still be covered by the Porsche warranty so even if you didn't buy it from a Porsche OPC you should still be able to get it repaired.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

As previous, that shouldn't happen, take it back to the OPC.

I have SD mirrors and they certainly shouldn't fold in so they hit the bodywork.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
maxf

Post by maxf »

On-Track wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:31 pm Why not take it back to the dealer you bought it from and get them to fix it?

As long as the car is less than three years old it should still be covered by the Porsche warranty so even if you didn't buy it from a Porsche OPC you should still be able to get it repaired.
I bought it from an OPC at the other end of the country, so not practical to just pop it back - although I'm not a million miles away from asking them to collect it and sort the various issues before returning it to me! The local OPC will look at it I'm sure, but it's a hassle I could do without frankly.

The car is just over 3 years, but has the 2 years used warranty.
jk88

Post by jk88 »

You can take it to any OPC to have warranty work carried out, hopefully there's one not too far from you.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17