Door Mirror Fold - Stop Position Setting?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

My drivers door mirror is now touching the window trim surrounds, when it is folded in. Not sure when it started to happen, but I can lock a cloth underneath it, so tight is its closing pressure. I'm guessing that this will eventually cause paintwork damage?

Anyone know a simple way to reset the power stop position, or does it sound like something is broken?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Someone else on here had the same problem just recently, but I cannot find the thread at the minute.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Guy

Post by Guy »

This was the other thread, but no solution is mentioned: https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9169&p=186846&hilit=mirrors#p186846
maxf

Post by maxf »

I posted the other thread - Mine is going in to my OPC in a couple of weeks - they say there is a bar inside which sets the stop position - this can come loose. They did mention it’s usually from someone hitting the mirror though. The part has an individual part number so can be ordered separately apparently.
Guy

Post by Guy »

maxf wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:57 am I posted the other thread - Mine is going in to my OPC in a couple of weeks - they say there is a bar inside which sets the stop position - this can come loose. They did mention it’s usually from someone hitting the mirror though. The part has an individual part number so can be ordered separately apparently.
That makes sense - I saw something in another Porsche forum about a shear pin that is designed to break if the mirror is hit hard. This is in order to protect pedestrians from impact forces.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

That sounds feasible and a lot cheaper than replacing the door mirror complete?

I did try pushing the mirror completely forward, then motoring it closed, but it simply carried on until it hit the window frame, so there is some kind of stop mechanism missing for sure.

Mine is due into Porsche soon, so I will get them to look at it then.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S