Should the door mirrors auto fold when locking the car?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

OK, my first newbie question so apologies if I’m missing the obvious!

I’ve searched the driver’s manual and online but can’t figure out if there’s a setting for the door mirrors to auto fold when locking. I discovered that they can be folded from the outside by holding down the lock button on they key but can’t they be set to auto fold when locking?

No big deal if not, the car does everything else for me!
95B.1 turbo in volcano grey with all the trimmings
987.2 Boxster Black Edition

LVision

Post by LVision »

There certainly is on my 2019 Turbo. It’s within the Car Settings menu as displayed within the right hand info screen next to the Rev counter. Option is to toggle mirror folding when locking the car. Not in the car at the moment so can’t give the precise menu wording etc. but you should be able to find it.
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look in there but couldn’t find it. I’ll look again!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

CliveH wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:07 am OK, my first newbie question so apologies if I’m missing the obvious!

I’ve searched the driver’s manual and online but can’t figure out if there’s a setting for the door mirrors to auto fold when locking. I discovered that they can be folded from the outside by holding down the lock button on they key but can’t they be set to auto fold when locking?

No big deal if not, the car does everything else for me!
It’s probably in the menu somewhere although I have never looked for it. If you also have a pan roof holding down the lock button starts to close the blind, which stops once you release the button. So when you jump in after a few mirror fold actions and notice the blind has crept above your head 😳 now you know why 👍😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
LVision

Post by LVision »

From the Good to Know App

Folding exterior mirrors in and out

Folding exterior mirrors in and out from the inside

Maximum speed of approx. 50 km/h (30 mph).
Press button D.
The exterior mirrors fold in or out.
Do not fold exterior mirrors in or out by hand.

Folding exterior mirrors in and out automatically

Folding in the exterior mirrors during locking

Press and hold the button on the driver's key for at least 2 seconds or touch the proximity sensor on the door handle on the driver's side (depending on equipment) for at least 2 seconds.
The exterior mirrors fold in.

Folding exterior mirrors in automatically

Function activated.
Vehicle Settings
Lock the vehicle.
The exterior mirrors fold in.
Folding exterior mirrors out automatically

Unlock the vehicle.
The exterior mirrors fold out.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Clive, you haven't said how new your car is. The auto-fold option was not there for earlier cars. I might be wrong but I think it was only introduced for facelift version.

In any event, welcome to the forum and enjoy your Macan.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Guy

Post by Guy »

You can add a 'smart module' that will do this and a few other things here: https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/after-market-accessories
adam b

Post by adam b »

CliveH wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 am Thanks for the quick reply. I did look in there but couldn’t find it. I’ll look again!
don't bother - its not there on pre-facelift cars, which yours is per your signature (and yes its a daft omission)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
CliveH

Post by CliveH »

Thank you for the helpful replies.

The retrofit kit looks interesting as it also adds other features (omissions). Anyone know how it is fitted and operated? The website is a bit vague.
Guy

Post by Guy »

CliveH wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:26 pm Anyone know how it is fitted and operated? The website is a bit vague.
Maybe worth emailing nmautomotive and asking for fitting details. I remember seeing something similar that was fitted as a DIY plug and play under the centre console, but perhaps this one works via the OBD port, like the KUFATEC 'speed limit reading' retrofit that others on the forum have purchased.

If you do ask, can you post the answer here?