Porsche Macan Centre Console Buttons

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
extremelandy90

Post by extremelandy90 »

Hello all,

I know that this is a very silly and 'sad' topic but I love buttons with all my heart and can't stand it when the centre console on cars have dummy buttons on it - With this in mind is it possible to get a Macan that has all of the dummy switches filled in with buttons?

The most I have ever seen still leaves three dummy switches in the console - I thought maybe it is because the console is shared with the Panamera which may have all the buttons present on certain models.

Anyways, I have attached a picture so you can see what I mean - This Macan Centre console shows the most switches I have ever seen on a Macan and it still has three missing 😡

Maybe I am just weird but it drives me crazy 🤪

Thank you in advance for any and all replies and talk soon.

Kind regards and all the best,
Mark

sketch-1578843996389.png

Paul

Post by Paul »

I think someone on here a while back (Castor./ Dave..???) had some additional dummy buttons put in to fill the gaps,

Edit: here you go....

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4812&hilit=Extra+buttons
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Caster

Post by Caster »

Good to hear Mark + thanks to Paul for directing you to my Console Button post!

Still got that set up on my SD + really happy with the way it gets rid of a few of those blanks you mention👍. Do bear in mind though that it’ll cost me about £120 in OPC labour to have it changed back to the originals which I’ve kept (unless I just trade in “as is” and throw in the original buttons) - they fitted them foc when I bought the SD new. If you’re thinking of adding some to yours I’d suspect that’ll also be the charge to you on top of the buttons cost.

I’m currently contemplating a new facelifted Macan + buttons are once again coming into my thinking ie if get Sport Chrono (with thingy on steering wheel) you lose a LHS console button + is it worth paying for the new Ioniser option to get an extra one on RHS or should I get some fake ones again!? :D

Good luck if pursuing an extra button route👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It's not really possible to fill the buttons as it's not possible to have all the options at the same time.

On the facelift Macan, if you specify Sport Plus you lose buttons as the switch moves to the steering wheel for example.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

You could buy something lime this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMALL-Blank-Button-Car-Stickers-Funny-Decals-Seat-Eject-Missiles-Oil-Autos-VW/182998341885?hash=item2a9b8d18fd:g:8w0AAOSwZtlaTgto

:lol:
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Caster

Post by Caster »

r1flyguy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:48 pm You could buy something lime this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMALL-Blank-Button-Car-Stickers-Funny-Decals-Seat-Eject-Missiles-Oil-Autos-VW/182998341885?hash=item2a9b8d18fd:g:8w0AAOSwZtlaTgto

:lol:
👍 :lol: :lol:
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
adam b

Post by adam b »

I share you hatred of blank buttons, and Porsche is bad for it

I have LDW, Air, SC and PSE so have the minimum but still one blank on left and two on right

why do they even have the two most bottom ones? are they used for some weird foreign only option?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
extremelandy90

Post by extremelandy90 »

I know, it is so annoying.... Why put the extra bottom row if there are no buttons to fill it 😭

I had a look at a Panamera the other day and they seem to have one row less.... I have seen one Panamera that has only one button missing - So frustrating 😤

Thank you again for all of your replies and apologies for the delay in getting back to you - Work has been manic!

That other thread is amazing, thank you for posting it and I am sorry for being a newbie and not doing a proper search myself to find it on my own back 😕

Also, one last quick question.... What year did they move the sports plus button to the steering wheel? If I am correct it is on the late 18 plate vehicles with the full length rear light across the boot?

Thank you again for your time and help, I really appreciate it 👌🏻

Take care and talk soon,
Mark
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MY19 with the full width rear light bar. Starting with the base (2.0) and S followed by the Turbo and from this Spring the GTS. The steering wheel button comes with the Sport Chrono option (only).
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
extremelandy90

Post by extremelandy90 »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 pm MY19 with the full width rear light bar. Starting with the base (2.0) and S followed by the Turbo and from this Spring the GTS. The steering wheel button comes with the Sport Chrono option (only).
Perfect, exactly what I thought .... Thank you for letting me know 👍🏻