Alcantara steering wheel

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I’m considering having my turbo steering wheel wrapped in OE Porsche Alcantara - similar to that off the optional equipment. After some research, royal steering wheels seems to be well reviewed.

Initially I was going for black Alcantara with black stitching but now I’m considering with either red or white stitching - my interior is all black inc the dials etc. Here’s a pic I found on auto trader from a car spec’d with the Alcantara wheel, opinions? On a side note, think I’ll need an Alcantara gear gaiter as well..

0E16BD81-2653-4924-8CE2-BDCD11BB5D40.png

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had my sons Audi steering wheel trimmed with Alcantara and perforated leather, the only drawback is the Alcantara gets dirty quickly. Probably the leather does too, but it doesn’t show.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I found the Alcantara wheel in my 911 rather slippy in my bare hands and didn't like it. My racing karts had alcantara wheels but as I always wore racing gloves the grip was very good. I personaly would always go for a leather wheel now which I can grip much better with my ungloved hands.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Just my own opinion but if that’s a picture of the finished wheel I would give it a quick swerve, it looks like one of those old winter over covers that were used on most old Morris Oxford taxis in the 70”s 😳
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6