Best Polish For Metallic Black Paint

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
DevizesCase

Post by DevizesCase »

Hi, can anyone recommend a top notch polish for a metallic black finish, that covers surface scratches and gives a glass like shine, ideally not a 2 stage treatment Thanks

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Poorboys Black Hole is pretty good. With whatever polish you use you will need some kind of wax or sealant on top to stop it wearing away too quick as these polishes are just fillers. If you want true blemish
Removal you will need a machine and a slightly more aggressive polish.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

What condition is the paint in? Any deep swirl marks? When I picked up my Diesel S in Metallic Jet Black, it had been machine polished and therefore with my washing routine, had very few swirl marks. Last year I used a Scholl S20 compound on the car with a red pad and then wax. This year I have just gone over it by hand with Bilt Hamber's 'Cleaner Polish' after a good wash and, after it dried (I use filtered water in the final rinse), a wipe down with IPA. Haven't got around to applying a wax or sealer yet as it's too cold. Maybe this weekend. I have half a pot of Valet pro 'Beading marvelous' wax left so I'll use that.

Remember. whatever wax you use you will be sealing in whatever is on the paint so preparation is key. Good luck.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

R222 is considered a high shine (show) polish for all colours but is very short lived, if you enjoy waxing your car you will like it. :D
However, CC is absolutely right cleaning and polishing is what will make it pop. My advice as a Jet Black owner is not to drive it after you clean it (err no problem with that this year ;) )
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/shop/e ... ish-16-oz/

A friend with a black AMG E63 has just used the above product and it really does 'pop'. May try myself when my other stuff runs out.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:35 pm https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/shop/e ... ish-16-oz/

A friend with a black AMG E63 has just used the above product and it really does 'pop'. May try myself when my other stuff runs out.
I can recommend the chemicalguys range of liquid waxes as long as you start with a good base, I haven’t used the black light but I guess it’s the same as these two, for a glossy wet look finish “Butter Wet Wax or Cherry Wet Wax” all work well irrespective of car colour. Not a long lasting protection such as a hard wax, for that I use their JetSeal beforehand and top with one of the wet waxes. Really pops 😎
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:35 pm https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/shop/e ... ish-16-oz/

Another vote for this too. It doesn't have a lot of cutting action in it at all so if you need to do a bit of correction use something else first. Agreed it needs a top coating too.

I also have used this on Red Paint in the past to good effect too.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
MSUK

Post by MSUK »

I have recently discovered Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish that seems to do a great job on my Night Blue. Looks great once you put a layer of wax over it, does not seem to have too high a cutting factor. I must admit I am turning into a bit of a Bilt Hamber fan, based on recommendations from my detailer.
-------------------------------------
2019 Macan S, Night Blue, Agate Partial leather, traffic jam assist, turbo wheels, heated seats, sports steering wheel, heated screen, roof transport system. Nut behind the wheel loose.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

MSUK wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:38 am I have recently discovered Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish that seems to do a great job on my Night Blue. Looks great once you put a layer of wax over it, does not seem to have too high a cutting factor. I must admit I am turning into a bit of a Bilt Hamber fan, based on recommendations from my detailer.
Best results if you use Bilt Hambers 'Cleanser fluid' before the cleanser polish.
MSUK

Post by MSUK »

Thanks, I will give that a try, appreciate the advice, you have to keep the beast looking lovely :-)
-------------------------------------
2019 Macan S, Night Blue, Agate Partial leather, traffic jam assist, turbo wheels, heated seats, sports steering wheel, heated screen, roof transport system. Nut behind the wheel loose.