Rear Rattle

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
a_baby

Post by a_baby »

Hi.

I have been putting up with an annoying rear rattle almost since the day I got my Macan. Only happened when going over things like manhole covers or small little indentation in the road surface,

Reported the issue to the dealer at its first service. The dealer said that there was a faulty part in the rear seat assembly. They order a part from Germany and I took it back to get fixed a couple of weeks later.

On the second visit the dealer said they replacing the part in the rear seat assembly did not fix the rattle. They proceeded to remove rear panels and insulate they with form and tape before putting them back on again and testing the car. In the end they tracked the issue to the rear bumper bar assembly. They taped and insulated the area and put the bumper bar back. This took two days but I didn't need the car as we are also in lock down here - you can't go anywhere.

Rattle now gone than goodness.

Regards,

Alex
Melbourne Australia
2019 Macan S, Night Blue Metallic, 20" Jet Black Alloys, Pano, Standard Seats & Black Interior , 360 Parking Camera, Privacy Glass, Tinted Front Windows, Heated Front Seats, Porsche Entry & Drive, Lane Change Assist, Boot/Floor mats.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Glad you got your rattle fixed. They can be very tricky to find and resolve. There’s a whole thread on here about that very subject!

Mine had what sounds like a similar rattle to yours, again, from very early days. It was eventually traced to the tailgate and the fix involved numerous small trial and error adjustments to the stops that the tailgate closes onto. Fortunately the fault hasn’t reappeared.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:42 pm Glad you got your rattle fixed. They can be very tricky to find and resolve. There’s a whole thread on here about that very subject!

Mine had what sounds like a similar rattle to yours, again, from very early days. It was eventually traced to the tailgate and the fix involved numerous small trial and error adjustments to the stops that the tailgate closes onto. Fortunately the fault hasn’t reappeared.
Your post made laugh. Exactly the issue I had in an Alfa 147 Q2 (great little car) many moons ago. After a couple of trips to the dealer (Alfa dealers were & are atrocious) I had enough & got into the boot when the missus drove the car for a few miles (luckily she’s not into handbrake turns....) . It quickly became apparent where the rattle was coming from, to get the stoppers set up correctly very fine adjustments were required but easy enough to work out and that was it sorted.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed