Costco and tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’ve been getting the low pressure warning on my drivers side rear, topped up twice then decided to take a look and I found a nail in the tyre. So, a trip to Costco for some shopping and the Costco tyre guys took a look for me. Bad news, it’s actually got four nails in it at close proximity, obviously not repairable.
The tyres have now done 19k and I was hoping to get to the winter with these tyres so I could swap to the winter wheels and then get new tyres. The nails just brought this expense forward I suppose and I am now running on my winter wheels with four new Michelin’s on order from Costco.
So, now the point in this post, I have 21” summer wheels and I was prepared for £1k for a set of N rated Michelin’s, to my surprise Costco quoted £773 inc fitting and disposal! And they never charged to look at my puncture. What’s more, they take pictures of the wheels before and after, they fill with nitrogen and use a proper torque wrench, very impressive.
The only down side is that it might be a couple of weeks to get the rear tyres, fronts are in stock, hence why I am now running my winters.
Highly recommend Costco.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Thanks for that.

I go to Costco quite often, once a week during lockdown for obvious reasons but I’ve always wondered if they are competitive on the tyre side. I’m certainly not surprised by what you’ve said and will certainly consider them.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Costco has always been great for tyres, often doing excellent deals on Michelin.

Which model tyres did you order? Are you replacing Michelin or did you previously have another brand?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I previously had P Zero but I wasn’t too impressed with them, so now Michelin. I did not actually ask what type as they said they only had one type of N marked tyres.
They phoned me today and said the tyres will be in on Friday, which is very quick.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:49 pm I previously had P Zero but I wasn’t too impressed with them, so now Michelin. I did not actually ask what type as they said they only had one type of N marked tyres.
They phoned me today and said the tyres will be in on Friday, which is very quick.
Let me know which ones you get please, thanks.
---

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

jaffacake wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:39 am
Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:49 pm I previously had P Zero but I wasn’t too impressed with them, so now Michelin. I did not actually ask what type as they said they only had one type of N marked tyres.
Let me know which ones you get please, thanks.
It turns out they are Michelin Latitude Sport. Costco did a great job, not a mark on the wheels at all. Highly recommended.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Kleynie wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 pm
It turns out they are Michelin Latitude Sport. Costco did a great job, not a mark on the wheels at all. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the feedback.

I've used Costco many times, really happy with their work, just wonder which tyre you got for your money.

Out of interest, did you buy online? The N rated tyres their seem to come and go. Or did you just pop in and make a special order?

Cheers,

Ben
---

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

jaffacake wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:01 pm
Kleynie wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 pm
Thanks for the feedback.

I've used Costco many times, really happy with their work, just wonder which tyre you got for your money.

Out of interest, did you buy online? The N rated tyres their seem to come and go. Or did you just pop in and make a special order?

Cheers,

Ben
I went in and spoke to the guys, the tyres are NO rated, they actually knew thats what I needed anyway. I paid and a week later the tyres came in.

They found a screw in my winter tyres in the meantime :-(
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:27 pm I went in and spoke to the guys, the tyres are NO rated, they actually knew thats what I needed anyway. I paid and a week later the tyres came in.

Do you have winter tyres on your 21s?
---

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

jaffacake wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:18 pm
Kleynie wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:27 pm I went in and spoke to the guys, the tyres are NO rated, they actually knew thats what I needed anyway. I paid and a week later the tyres came in.

Do you have winter tyres on your 21s?
No, I have a set of 20" spiders with Dunlop 4D that I was running in the meantime, now I have the summer 21's back on.