Spacesaver wheel

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Marksmacan

Post by Marksmacan »

Hi everyone. Just purchased a new spacesaver wheel for my 2016 Macan as I only had the puncture repair kit and like everyone else I’m concerned about a puncture that can’t be repaired roadside.
Does anyone know if Porsche supply the securing bolt/nut to secure the wheel in position. I’m also in the market for the foam insert if anyone knows of one.

peter7

Post by peter7 »

Good morning , can you tell me where you bought it and how much ? I am also concerned not having a spare on my 2014 with 21 inch wheels
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Guy

Post by Guy »

Marksmacan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:31 pm Does anyone know if Porsche supply the securing bolt/nut to secure the wheel in position. I’m also in the market for the foam insert if anyone knows of one.

Have a read of this thread - it should help: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5236
Marksmacan

Post by Marksmacan »

👍 the thread really helps thanks Guy.
The wheel was bought privately and cost £250 (new and unused)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Marksmacan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 am 👍 the thread really helps thanks Guy.
The wheel was bought privately and cost £250 (new and unused)
Was going to say, make sure you have the jack etc.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
DGC

Post by DGC »

This thread has been really helpful. I've recently ordered a Macan S and hope to get it mid December. I called the dealer a few days after my order had been locked in the hope that they could pick a spacesaver wheel off the shelf an dstick it in whilst building the car. I now understand that "locked" really does mean "locked" and was advised I would have to back to the end of the queue and wouldn't get a car this year if I decided to re-spec !.
This forum has explained the situation much better than the dealer did so I now understand.
As I intend to keep the car for 4 years, I think I will smile through gritted teeth and place an order for the wheel.
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Why bother.When you have a puncture the AA will loan you a space saver to get you to the garage.Ive not ordered one on any of my cars.I would never change a wheel on the roadside as it is too dangerous.
DGC

Post by DGC »

That’s a fair point. Thanks
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I think you'd be lucky to find a breakdown patrol with a suitable space saver.

My brother recently got a puncture on his SQ5, which has smaller wheels than our Macan, and they had to put it on a low loader from the lake district as they didn't have a spare and couldn't find a mobile tyre fitter with a tyre that would fit.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
DGC

Post by DGC »

Can you tell me if the standard tyres on a Macan S are runflats?. I have has these on previous BMW and Mercedes cars. Thanks