Air suspension getting lower when car not used

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Botis

Post by Botis »

Hello all

I've not used my Macan for over 3 weeks and just noticed it seems to be sitting very low.

macan wheel 1.jpg

macan wheel 2.jpg

Not the greatest pics as they were taken in the dark and the shadow is hiding some of the wheel but definitely low.

I assume its just the air very slowly leaking out of the system due to a long period of inactivity. I plan to go out in it tomorrow so expect it will rise again once started.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal behavior?

On a side note those wheel hub caps really look awful. At the dealer on Monday so think I will have to get some new ones!
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Botis wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 pm Hello all

I've not used my Macan for over 3 weeks and just noticed it seems to be sitting very low.
macan wheel 1.jpg
macan wheel 2.jpg

Not the greatest pics as they were taken in the dark and the shadow is hiding some of the wheel but definitely low.

I assume its just the air very slowly leaking out of the system due to a long period of inactivity. I plan to go out in it tomorrow so expect it will rise again once started.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal behavior?

On a side note those wheel hub caps really look awful. At the dealer on Monday so think I will have to get some new ones!
Yes normal. Has been reported on here. Not necessarily leaking, more like a failed attempt at self levelling without the engine running.

Yes, centre caps need replacing but make sure the new ones point at the valves! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Yes it’s normal, here’s the detail from GTK app/manual:

“Information
If vehicles with air suspension are left stationary for several weeks, the ride height can be reduced. The vehicle automatically re-adjusts to the correct ride height when you start the engine. This can take several minutes, depending on the operating state. Ground clearance is reduced during this time”.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Botis

Post by Botis »

Thanks folks, really helpful as ever.

Had never seen it so low and it looks a bit strange.
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

I'd like to see a photo of the whole car at that ride height...I think it would look pretty cool! :twisted:
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I always have my GTS in the lowest setting and admittedly my seat is in the lowest position but it feels about a foot lower when you drive next to an ‘S’ for example.

Sure someone will know the difference on here.