Winter Wheels on 21" to 20"

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Wheels changed this week as temps have dropped. I really like my 21" turbo wheels, they fill the arches, look great and I prefer the lower profile tyre look. I don't have air and am happy with the sporty connected feel to the road when on the twisty B roads.

I picked up some 20" silver Spyders on here a few months from a poster on the forum. I was not expecting the 1" diameter and profile increase to make much of a difference, as our Cayman has 20" wheels and 18" winters which don't feel too much different.

The change on the Macan was quite noticeable with a much more complaint ride, less sporty, but improved comfort and feel sticky in the colder wet conditions, inspiring grip confidence. The summer 21's are firm and compliant and the difference could be more pronounced with the colder weather.

Winter summer combination is highly recommenced.; I anticipate keeping them on from Dec-March.

Both wheels look good. I still prefer the larger lower profile look, but I like the Spyders and had the GTS come with silver rather than black I would have been happy to keep the standard fit. I did consider the 21" Spyder over the Turbo's , but I still think they are the best looking 21" wheel.

21vs20.PNG

Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Interesting feedback, thanks.

My wife won't go smaller than 21s, size is important after all :lol:
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Both your sets look good against sapphire although agree the 21”turbo the better look of the two, having now experienced both myself ( on summer’s only) got to say the 20” are a much better ride experience.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Agreed the 21" do look better and ride comfort is better on the higher profile 20" Spyders, I think I notice more compared to previous cars because of the weight of this cars compared to others I have had, I also feel a it more lean in corners and a bit less connected to the road feedback; when having fun I prefer the lower profile.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)