TPMS fault “service required”

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Hoping for some advice as although I’ve tried searching, the TPMS related threads I could find seemed to be about different errors.

Today I drove the car for the first time for a week now and got the below error in the MFD

34270378-9B7F-465B-B8C4-F79430D0626A.jpeg

Some background which may (probably) has impact.

I had my wheels powdercoated at TWS a week ago, although they set pressures to 36rears and 33 fronts and this matched what the TPMS read on the two journeys after that.

Do you think it’s one to get the OPC to look at and if so, assuming they blame TWS and refuse warranty cover, how much would I be looking at to get these replaced and set up?

Thanks
Dan

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Assuming TWS haven't sprayed paint over the base of one or more of the valves....

If you haven't, it might be worth trying a tyre reset. Using the right hand thumb wheel on the steering wheel to access the display. Deselect and then reselect the wheel size etc. Then take your Macan for a 10 minute drive and see if it has fixed it.

This from the Good to Know App:

Screenshot_20201223-204635_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Thanks Steve. I’d like to think TWS know what they are doing as they seem to do everything from BMWs to Lamborghinis and have done a few Porsche’s too.

I will check all the pressures tomorrow and try the reset.
Philipyyb

Post by Philipyyb »

Hi,

If your Macan is a recent Gen 2 then this is a known fault. Factory is working on a solution and a recall will follow in due course. A temporary fix (software update) can be done at your OPC.

Good luck!

Philip
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Philip, it’s an early 2019 so maybe not affected.

Positive update though, I went into the TPMS settings and found 18” summer was selected. Looks like maybe they reset when TWS had them off.

I selected 21” summer and drove for 15 mins. All good for now. Pressures shown and no error message.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

dangezza wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:22 pm Philip, it’s an early 2019 so maybe not affected.

Positive update though, I went into the TPMS settings and found 18” summer was selected. Looks like maybe they reset when TWS had them off.

I selected 21” summer and drove for 15 mins. All good for now. Pressures shown and no error message.
Result.....and no costly fix by your OPC. A Christmas bonus! :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:29 pm
dangezza wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:22 pm Philip, it’s an early 2019 so maybe not affected.

Result.....and no costly fix by your OPC. A Christmas bonus! :lol:
Exactly, Christmas come early! I think with a year like 2020 we have to appreciate the small things haha.

Anyway, I wish a lovely Christmas to all, especially those in tier 4 like me. Fingers crossed for a better 2021 (let’s face it, it wouldn’t be hard).