Brake light on - question

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Hi all,

The front brakes on my 2014 Macan Diesel S are worn out, I have bought all the parts from my local OPC to replace them at a bargain price compared to the fitted one.

Does anyone know if the light only illuminates while the sensor circuit is broken? i.e. once new sensors go in will the error light/message on the dash go away by itself without any diagnostic software?

Thanks

CamGTS

Post by CamGTS »

yes - no need for software
peter7

Post by peter7 »

I’m needing new brakes soon on same model ... where did you purchase from ? Cost ? Was it discs and pads ?

Peter
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

CamGTS wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:47 am yes - no need for software
Perfect, thank you.
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

peter7 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am I’m needing new brakes soon on same model ... where did you purchase from ? Cost ? Was it discs and pads ?

Peter
Hi Peter,

I'm still under extended warranty so has to be genuine parts from OPC, although I'll fit them myself. My local parts guy does good deals for DIYers, it'd be worth asking the parts guys in your local. I've attached the parts list/cost for pads, discs etc.

brakeparts.png

peter7

Post by peter7 »

Thanks for sharing that ... do you know what make they are ? Any tips or tricks for easy replacement ? Any special tools required ?

Peter
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Not sure on make, I always just buy from the OPC. I'm picking them up on Thursday so if there's anything marked I'll post it up. As for special tools not sure yet, I usually look up a DIY the night before :lol:
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Thanks I’ll look forwards to your updates
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Hi Peter,

Just to help you out if you DIY, here's some things to bear in mind.

The caliper bolts are one use only (they are listed in the parts order above), for red/silver calipers they need to tightened to 30 Nm initially then +90 degrees.

The screws in the discs are tightened to 10 Nm.

Brake line to brake caliper is 20 Nm.

There doesn't seem to be any fancy tools required except what looks like a triple square bit for the caliper bolts but I can easily confirm that once I've picked them up.

Got all the info from this workshop manual some champ uploaded

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvJUDGTSXHiKpRXi4etSmDDpgxiW
CamGTS

Post by CamGTS »

it's a very easy job but the pad retainers are a pain as they don't flex much so a bit of a bugger to get new ones in. My OPC mechanic says they are a bugger too.