Collapsible spare tyre - vredestein 195/75 r18 106P

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Zoto

Post by Zoto »

Hi

I'm chasing a spare wheel/tyre for a 2016 Macan - vredestein 195/75 r18 106P
I've managed to track down a second hand unused Cayenne (also VW T and Audi Q7) collapsible spare - exactly same tyre size and rating, however rim size and offset are different

Macan - 6B x 18 H2 ET14
Cayenne - 6.5J x 18 H2 ET 28

From my calcs it will mean the inside of the tyre will sit about 8mm closer in.

Unfortunately I'm in Perth and the Cayenne spare is in Melbourne so cannot do a trial fit to see if it will clear calipers and suspension etc

Was hoping
- anyone had experience with this predicament?
- anyone have both a Cayenne and Macan, and would be kind enough to trial fit and see if any issues? Happy to buy you dinner next time your in Perth.
Thanks
Peter

CamGTS

Post by CamGTS »

Perth Scotland or Australia :D :D
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Different stud spacing on a Cayenne than a Macan. Cayenne 5x130 and Macan 5x112 so wont fit. A wheel from a recent Touareg or Q7 have the same stud spacing but I have no idea of rim sizes or offset
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Guy

Post by Guy »

Zoto wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:26 am From my calcs it will mean the inside of the tyre will sit about 8mm closer in.

Just a quick though on this: When I was looking for snow chains for my Macan, the Porsche line was that snow chains cannot be fitted to wheels larger than the 19". The reasoning was that there is insufficient clearance on the inside of the tyre. This seems to indicate that inside tyre wall clearance is relatively small on the Macan, hence you may have problems with that spare.

(As an aside, I did find and fit suitable snow chains to my 20" wheels, but they were a K-Summit design that does not extend over the inside edge of the tyre.)
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Guy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 am
Zoto wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:26 am From my calcs it will mean the inside of the tyre will sit about 8mm closer in.

Just a quick though on this: When I was looking for snow chains for my Macan, the Porsche line was that snow chains cannot be fitted to wheels larger than the 19". The reasoning was that there is insufficient clearance on the inside of the tyre. This seems to indicate that inside tyre wall clearance is relatively small on the Macan, hence you may have problems with that spare.

(As an aside, I did find and fit suitable snow chains to my 20" wheels, but they were a K-Summit design that does not extend over the inside edge of the tyre.)
A 20" wheel is wider with a broader tyre than a 19" or 18" so less clearance with the inner wheel arch so probably no room for the extra width of the chain. Getting a 20" chain isnt the issue, striking the inner wheel arch on suspension compression would be a problem
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50