Definitive list of suitable spares for Macan 18"

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
bobmacan

Post by bobmacan »

Hi,
I have looked through the threads for a 2016 Macan 3.0D S spare wheel (Porsche wants £763!!) and have come up with the following specs:

6B x 18H2 ET14 with 5 x 112mm spacing

Which other models are suitable, even from the other Porsche range? I can find some 6x18 on ebay but most of different offset (eg; not ET14)
Can I have a little slack on the offset as its just an emergency spare? Slightly larger offset rather than smaller!

Then which of the other Porsche don't have 5 x 112mm spacing?
Audi models?
VW models?

Thanks

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Need to consider hub size too. I believe it is 66.6mm

My Audi RS4 B8 variant had 5 x 112 wheels with 66.6mm hubs

Also, and I found this hard to get my head around but bigger offset pushes the wheels further IN to the bodywork.

Offset is the distance from the imaginary centre line of the wheel to the face of the wheel where it mounts. Therefore a bigger offset 'pushes' the centre line (and thus the whole wheel) further in to the car. Ergo I think you want LESS offset if possible
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Or this (though I note it won't fit in the wheel well, something else to consider!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154153517575 ... SwLF1X6ROd

The spare in my Macan is a collapsible spare, ie it is not inflated!!
bobmacan

Post by bobmacan »

Madelvic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:19 am Need to consider hub size too. I believe it is 66.6mm

My Audi RS4 B8 variant had 5 x 112 wheels with 66.6mm hubs

Also, and I found this hard to get my head around but bigger offset pushes the wheels further IN to the bodywork.

Offset is the distance from the imaginary centre line of the wheel to the face of the wheel where it mounts. Therefore a bigger offset 'pushes' the centre line (and thus the whole wheel) further in to the car. Ergo I think you want LESS offset if possible
All good points, and yes I see what you mean on the ET.

Can anyone confirm the hub size? And can I just deflate any tyre to fit?
bobmacan

Post by bobmacan »

Madelvic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:24 am Or this (though I note it won't fit in the wheel well, something else to consider!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154153517575 ... SwLF1X6ROd

The spare in my Macan is a collapsible spare, ie it is not inflated!!
Do you know if you can re-fit a 'collapsible' tyre to this rim? Or is it simply a matter of letting the air out!
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Don't know others might be able to help. The tyre looks to be collapsed, not the same as a tyre with no air in it
penport

Post by penport »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 pm Don't know others might be able to help. The tyre looks to be collapsed, not the same as a tyre with no air in it
Indeed. I found this when I tried to store my aftermarket Wilko spacesaver (inflated) in my latest Macan that has Bose. Fitted perfectly into the wheel well of my previous non-Bose Macan but the Bose subwoofer takes up a fair amount of space.
Letting all the air out via the valve was only just enough to allow me to force the tyre into the space - certainly not the same as a collapsed tyre that's never been inflated ;)
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

bobmacan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 am Hi,
I have looked through the threads for a 2016 Macan 3.0D S spare wheel (Porsche wants £763!!) and have come up with the following specs:

6B x 18H2 ET14 with 5 x 112mm spacing

Which other models are suitable, even from the other Porsche range? I can find some 6x18 on ebay but most of different offset (eg; not ET14)
Can I have a little slack on the offset as its just an emergency spare? Slightly larger offset rather than smaller!

Then which of the other Porsche don't have 5 x 112mm spacing?
Audi models?
VW models?

Thanks
One just gone on sale on this forum complete with jack etc. Act quickly!