Cleaning 21' gloss black GT wheels on GTS

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Phil.C

Post by Phil.C »

Thanks Jon.

andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:36 pm Not forgetting to apply the Tyre Dressing to both sides of the wheel when each was off car.
Both sides???
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Phil.C wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:03 am shut the laptop...not a bad idea. I live in the sun most of the year and in-between swims I have too much time on my hands. Im desperate to get it right but I have already seen on this forum my intended spec in pics which is crayon, and with the black I think it looks great (my opinion). Did consider white.
I went for crayon with black wheels, good combo on GTS
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

GT wheels are super easy to clean and look way better than the standard wheels imo. Absolute no brainer.

i've had mine ceramic coated and they hold up really well. Plus the look the don!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

pstrat wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:56 am GT wheels are super easy to clean and look way better than the standard wheels imo. Absolute no brainer.

i've had mine ceramic coated and they hold up really well. Plus the look the don!
Prefer standard wheels but they are annoying to clean compared to the GT ones. But so much that i would spend another £1200 for the GT ones. Just take an extra 10 mins in total to clean all 4. As long as you have the right cleaning equipment it’s a breeze even if slightly time consuming. If like me, you do iron fallout then snow foam before cleaning the wheel properly, it’s super easy to clean the wheel afterwards

I’d save the ££ and put towards another extra, the standard black RS spyders look the business