Gen 3 wheels on Gen 1 Macan S

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I had a loaner way back in 2015.

It was a 2.0 litre, on 18” wheels with PASM & Air.

The ride was superb.

Performance was dire, a BMW 118D out accelerated it, as did a VW Passat Blue Motion.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm

Performance was dire, a BMW 118D out accelerated it, as did a VW Passat Blue Motion.
Plus ça change.....
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

If it helps, I sold my old Gen 1 GTS 20” R/S Spyder wheels to a guy who owned a gen 2 S. they fitted no issues. I don’t see why all 20” wheels would not fit on every Macan.
However, are you aware that the rear wheel arch spats/extensions are required for 20” wheels and larger? The smaller wheels being narrower do not require these. You may decide not to bother with them though and I can’t see why they matter, other than to prevent stone chips.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:51 pm
However, are you aware that the rear wheel arch spats/extensions are required for 20” wheels and larger? The smaller wheels being narrower do not require these. You may decide not to bother with them though and I can’t see why they matter, other than to prevent stone chips.
Legal requirement.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Captain_kirk

Post by Captain_kirk »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:51 pm If it helps, I sold my old Gen 1 GTS 20” R/S Spyder wheels to a guy who owned a gen 2 S. they fitted no issues. I don’t see why all 20” wheels would not fit on every Macan.
That is helpful and no, I was not aware. I’ll need to find out if they are mandatory (as per the other response) or desirable in order to protect from damage. This isn’t an easy journey at all.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Captain_kirk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:50 am
Kleynie wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:51 pm If it helps, I sold my old Gen 1 GTS 20” R/S Spyder wheels to a guy who owned a gen 2 S. they fitted no issues. I don’t see why all 20” wheels would not fit on every Macan.
That is helpful and no, I was not aware. I’ll need to find out if they are mandatory (as per the other response) or desirable in order to protect from damage. This isn’t an easy journey at all.
They are provided to meet legal requirements when wider wheels and tyres are fitted, nothing to do with protection. IIRC they are available on the Porsche Tequipment site.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Captain_kirk

Post by Captain_kirk »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:36 pm
They are provided to meet legal requirements when wider wheels and tyres are fitted, nothing to do with protection. IIRC they are available on the Porsche Tequipment site.
Many thanks Nick. I’ll get some fitted.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:36 pm
Hmmm, makes me wonder what I should fit on my car with wider wheels and/or spacers fitted... 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^^ running boards :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander