Lifting car on trolly jack

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Elucius

Post by Elucius »

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked and cannot seem to find anything.
I'm shortly going to change over to my winter tyres and have recently bought a trolley jack. I changed the wheels over earlier this year using the jack which came with the car.
I assume I put the jack under a different place to where the cars jack goes? The trolley jack has a flat surface whereas the car jack has a head which is designed to slot into the body.

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

You should buy an adaptor that goes between the car and the trolley jack.

It has a similar head to the car jack.

Places like Porscheshop, ebay etc.

Good luck
GTS \o/ - sold :(
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

There probably is a proper adaptor but I used a "bit of wood" which worked well. It protected the jacking point so no damage. On previous cars I have suitably shaped a bit of wood to fit hole etc..

It is a heavy car so use what you are comfortable with.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

That is one type. Just be careful of the central stud, it is metal and can slice off the underbody protection if it s misaligned when using the jack.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Dickshorty

Post by Dickshorty »

Just sorting out some winter tyres in anticipation of the cold weather on its way and became aware of this issue. Extensive searching online failed to reveal any solution. Rang OPC Cambridge, who commendably did some independent research and came to the same conclusion. I finally found this on Ebay:

Mercedes Benz trolley Jack Jacking Pad Rubber Tool also fits BMW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282601006651

The seller agreed to adapt the MB pad to fit the socket on the Macan. Received it this week, and it fits really well. It does not have the "hump" of the standard jack pad, and it only measures 75mm long (the biggest he can make). This leaves it a couple of mm short, but the width is a perfect fit.

Nothing in it for me, but if you are looking for a solution to this problem, I would recommend this Ebay seller - just ask him to make this pad for the Macan.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Elucius wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:37 pm I'm shortly going to change over to my winter tyres and have recently bought a trolley jack. I changed the wheels over earlier this year using the jack which came with the car.I assume I put the jack under a different place to where the cars jack goes? The trolley jack has a flat surface whereas the car jack has a head which is designed to slot into the body.
Can't help with the trolley jack block thingy, but, if you have Air Suspension, be aware of this advice ......

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Movistar

Post by Movistar »

Looks like seller now advertises these directly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Macan ... Sw1YRZoCWj
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Yes, he made one for me as well and then created a specific listing.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Movistar

Post by Movistar »

CharlesElliott wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:37 pm Yes, he made one for me as well and then created a specific listing.
Fantastic problem solved