Changing wheel choice on used Macan from dealer

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Retired

Post by Retired »

Dealer has offered 21" Turbo wheels. However, he made a comment that they had come off a Cayenne. Does anyone know if these are interchangeable. I thought I had read they were a different offset etc.
Thanks

They are not interchangeable.

The offsets are different, the PCD (diameter of the circle made by the bolt holes) is different and the bore (hole in the middle of the wheel) is a different size.

They are, however, both round.

About as incompatible as you can get.

I'd walk from this level of BS / incompetence.

Retired2016-12-14 19:24:53

LLL

Post by LLL »

Dealer has offered 21" Turbo wheels. However, he made a comment that they had come off a Cayenne. Does anyone know if these are interchangeable. I thought I had read they were a different offset etc.
Thanks

They are not interchangeable.

The offsets are different, the PCD (diameter of the circle made by the bolt holes) is different and the bore (hole in the middle of the wheel) is a different size.

They are, however, both round.

About as incompatible as you can get.

I'd walk from this level of BS / incompetence.

+1

If the dealer is trying to put Cayenne wheels on "your" Macan they should not be in the business since they simply does not fit properly. I would check other alternatives and build slots with other dealers. They're just a phone call away. You're the customer, they want your business :)