Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Obebiker

Post by Obebiker »

My £12 eBay caps are holding up very nicely after 6k and 5 months

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

My £12 eBay caps are holding up very nicely after 6k and 5 months

Haha Wink and so they should...
... but surely you've invalidated your warranty with those non-Porsche parts Tongue
porsche-code.com/PHM1NUL9
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sounds like you may be using the same OPC as myself, this time around they did not have a set in stock so posted them to me so that I could apply my preventative measures which this time round I've used a syringe to inject a small bead of clear silicone adhesive between the rear plastic disc and the front metal/plastic coated polished disc with the Porsche shield on, I made sure there was an overlap around the edge but not visible from the front. I then multi layed hard wax onto the front of the cap ensuring the edge around the porsche shied was rammed with the wax. I'd volunteer photos but don't really want to pull a wheel centre cap of the wheel now they are safely in place and aligned with the tyre valve. its only been two weeks but no signs of corrosion yet (as it should be) I do think the salt solution thrown up over the winter months is the culprit.

Paul

OPC is Colchester. It was a guy named Craig who was looking at it. As mentioned, there were no quibbles, just an agreement to swap them out. They didn't let on anything about how common a problem it might be though.
I've not got the new ones back from Paul at Definitive yet but will keep an eye on how well the crystal serum keeps it at bay for.
Mike
porsche-code.com/PHM1NUL9