Tyre options

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

P zeros are a summer tyre. Think your OPC has cocked up your order.

Ah, I see. I'm really not having a lot of luck with this one am I!!

I think a quiet word with your OPC is in order
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Like Jonmacan I have Summer for Summer (and Spring/Autumn) and Winter for Winter. Added bonus is I get to look at the 21 inch 911 Turbo wheels hanging on the garage wall every day, to remind me of what is to come end March time!
think if I hung my 21"summer wheels on my garage single skin wall they'd be on the floor the next day. Or the wife would be hanging things off them.
Safer in my OPC I think
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
John_M

Post by John_M »

I have a quick question - I ordered all season 20" spyders, and rather stupidly I can't work out if the Pirelli P Zeros I have on the car are actually all season or not? Is there any way of telling with the P-zeros? If I have summers instead of what I specifically asked for, what would be the possibility of having them changed gratis?

All seasons will have M+S (Mud & Snow) without Snowflake symbol tyre markings(expand M+S)

P-Zero page shows it is Summer

It doesn't look Pirelli do an all season in right size

John_M2017-01-22 21:06:09
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I have a quick question - I ordered all season 20" spyders, and rather stupidly I can't work out if the Pirelli P Zeros I have on the car are actually all season or not? Is there any way of telling with the P-zeros? If I have summers instead of what I specifically asked for, what would be the possibility of having them changed gratis?
Tread pattern should let you know. Summers Michelin Latitudes and Goodyear All Weathers. EDIT - both 19's and N Porsche approved.

Bigboyrolo2017-01-23 10:40:57
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

It doesn't look Pirelli do an all season in right size

The only all season tyres that Porsche approve for the Macan in 20" dia are the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS and the Michelin Latitude Tour HP.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Summers for Summer

Winters for Winter

Try telling that to the weather - I didn't bother switching to the winters last year as it never really dropped cold enough around here to make a huge difference (I am sure that would be different if I was much further North). A few years ago the car I was driving had all season tyres on - I only had trouble a couple of times when temperature was below -10 C and neither serious. .............

I believe the highest rate of wear on summer tyres is during the cooler winter months when the rubber compound is more prone to slipping. Winter tyres wear too but at a much lesser rate than summers would. For years I have been able to get a lot more mileage out of my summer tyres by swapping over in November when the temperatures in the South East tends to drop enough to warrant the swap.

Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Conversely, winter tyres wear quicker in the hotter summer months.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

So perhaps All Seasons are a good compromise, and may be less expensive - my Goodyears were £120 for fronts and £146 rears NO rated from Oponeo for 19's plus fitting.
Bigboyrolo2017-01-23 17:10:08
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Retired

Post by Retired »

First check the order from you signed.

Assuming you actually ordered (i.e. on the order form) all season tyres I would have thought the chances of free replacement is 100%, assuming the car is brand new and you haven't covered thousands of miles. Might be a bit more of a negotiation if you driven a long way.

If you asked for them and it's not on the order form you're going to need to demonstrate that you did indeed request them (email, porsche code, letter etc) and the OPC failed to put them on the form. Going to be problematic if this is the case as you should check the order form.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

So perhaps All Seasons are a good compromise, and my be less expensive - £120 for fronts and £146 rears NO rated from Oponeo for 19's plus fitting.

Those tyre costs seem very good, they must be significantly cheaper than the summer equivalents.
GTS \o/ - sold :(