Traction Control

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

After watching the above videos I redid the test and it will in fact lock the spinning wheel- eventually and with about 2500rpm. I guess its what is required for an icey (that doesn't look right) ski road rather than a dodgey Australian bush track.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good to know that it does work. I certainly thought I was buying a 4x4.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The Macan TCS makes a huge difference on the low friction surfaces at the PEC. OK, it's not off-road and doesn't have one wheel in the air, but still a very effective demonstration of the system. It's true, though, that these systems depend on at least some feedback from the tyres to be most effective, so a wheel in the air is a severe test and perhaps not surprising that it takes the electronics a while to sort it out.

Subaxtreme - in your latest test, did you note what the TCS graphic on the dash was showing?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Interesting..I must try my Macan in a simular SAFE manner to see if PTV makes much difference. Gravel rash from it doesn't sound good though. The track I cross regularly doesn't see over 2500rpm or I be sideways
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

As soon as the wheel spins the graphics show a 50% split although the rear axle is doing nought.
I know that all AWDs use a multitude of systems but 10 years ago I drove a Subaru Outback 300kms with a broken rear drive shaft. Getting away at the lights was interesting but once it got rolling everything locked up and it was happy.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

My service man has spoken to Germany and explained that my car is behaving as intended. I'm curious that it has an offroad button but won't go off road.  Has anyone had 3 wheels on hard and one on ice to see what happens?
In the meantime is there a UK Cayenne forum such as this?

Not aware of any equivalent Cayenne forum except perhaps as a sub-set of the official Porsche owners club maybe.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

My service man has spoken to Germany and explained that my car is behaving as intended. I'm curious that it has an offroad button but won't go off road. Has anyone had 3 wheels on hard and one on ice to see what happens?
In the meantime is there a UK Cayenne forum such as this?

Not aware of any equivalent Cayenne forum except perhaps as a sub-set of the official Porsche owners club maybe.

There's a Facebook group (closed - so presumably free of trolls/spammers).

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

I can see why there may not be a Cayenne forum. The prospect of 'having' to get a Cayenne really doesn't excite like the Macan. Once behind the wheel there is no place I would rather be- its just getting there can be an issue (anyone else with long bodies get themselves jammed between seat and door opening) and the prospect that it may get stuck a little quicker than I'd hoped. These are all issues that can't be solved with a test drive- only with ownership.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel