Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Ouch, tranquiliser...........zzzzzzz ;)
GTS \o/ - sold :(

happy days

Post by happy days »

Lol at the dart comment.

I can't remember the last time I had a puncture, thankfully. Some good tips there Col, thanks.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have lost my voice.

Two calls from my OPC

Two calls from Porsche Assist HQ

One call from recovery Co

One call from recovery truck driver

One call from a more local Porsche Assist person

Two calls from Enterprise HQ

Seven call from my local Enterprise depot.

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

My Turbo is recovered up to my OPC

I now have a loaner Merc Taxi, sorry C class

OMG what a load of rubbish the Merc is, grossly underpowered, internals cheap and nasty looking plastic that make Jaguar F Paces look positively stunning.

That said it does ride well and the seats are very similar to the Macan 14 way.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Retired

Post by Retired »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:04 pm I have lost my voice.

Two calls from my OPC

Two calls from Porsche Assist HQ

One call from recovery Co

One call from recovery truck driver

One call from a more local Porsche Assist person

Two calls from Enterprise HQ

Seven call from my local Enterprise depot.
Sounds like overkill.

Couldn't you just drive to OPC and get a new tyre fitted while you wait?
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:04 pm My Turbo is recovered up to my OPC
Colin, your post is titled 'The value of a spare'. It seems rather poor value to me for all of us who carry one, as you did all that work yourself but your car still needs to be ferried to an OPC. No doubt your spare was included in your build at about £175, I paid £500 plus, to avoid a trip to a OPC. Surely a local dealer could get you a new tyre within 48hrs? Did you not want to drive on the spare? Thanks for the thoughts on what to carry, think I have everything, incl a long socket bar with a smooth shiny snap-on socket to use on the wheel nuts. Not that I would use it myself in the UK, but in rural euro land I might have to.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whilst I was at the dealer I asked if there was any PCM updates as I am having a few problems since I updated my iPhone IOS.

They found that there are a couple of bulletins that require attention plus the nearest tyre they found this morning was in Birmingham.

The OPC did not have an available loaner so at least I was able to drive home on the spare.

The Recovery was because I need a car capable of more than 50 moh tomorrow and again over the weekend and it will give the dealer chance to undertake the bulletin works and to check out the PCM issues I have been having.

So if I had not included a spare I would have had to hang around waiting for Recovery then wait some more at the OPC for goodness knows how long for a hire car to be shuttled up there, with this at least I was at home all day.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Well my tyre has been replaced at a cost of £311.

The workshop campaign they wanted to check was something about a drive belt, they were deliberately a bit vague in their explanation.

No issues could be found with the PCM and they have no software updates for my Turbo (early Sept 16 build) so they have referred it to Porsche.

Car should be delivered back to me tomorrow afternoon.

Will be glad to see the back of the Merc, it has a comfy ride and reasonable performance but it is damn low and both of us struggle to get out of it. Pressed a few buttons and found that its averaged 39 mpg over the 3k miles it has done.
Col
Macan Turbo
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

It was alas no good to Me.. :oops:

20170513_145259.jpg

:o. One shopping trip and three nails later
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

That sucks!
Col
Macan Turbo
SAW

Post by SAW »

IMG_20170703_085113.jpg

Just 2,500 miles travelled and the first time to the tip with cardboard boxes on Saturday and a screw deflates my offside rear tyre. Thankfully for Porsche Assist and tyre insurance I will be back on the road today. Silly me though nearly killed myself with exhaustion using a foot pump to then be shown by the AA guy the hidden panel and the air compressor #NotAmused.
I was surprised Chester OPC do not carry tyre stock and needed to order in my 295/45r20 Y106 N0 Pirelli P Zero also the price difference to the Michelin equivalent.
Macan GTS MAR17 http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKXZIH5