Porsche Leeds Whitby run Drive event

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi Guys, I just received an invite from Porsche Leeds to attend a Drive event to The Stables at Cross Butts. Drinks and a Hogg roast when we arrive. Has anyone been on a similar event? We Leave Leeds at 9.00am and drive in Convoy to whitby.

Caster

Post by Caster »

Unfortunately not SP6IGHT :( When is it - I might just have to drop in and say "I'd fancy a trip to Whitby"! :D

Did the Malton to Whitby run via the A169 (over the North York Moors) with the Focus ST lads once and sure is a great drive with some impressive scenery. Hope that's the way you're going + you have a good day for it.

PS....I could always wait in a layby and tag onto end as you go past! ;)
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi Caster

Yes we did use the 169 over the moors. Great run and scenery.

It was a good day. You could have easily tagged on. We took a couple of friends and they were also treated the lunch as well. Nobody was counting numbers at the venue.

Porsche Leeds and Sheffield met half way at a carpark near Thirsk. We then met up with Porsche Newcastle and Porsche Teeside. In total about 90 Porsches. Most were 2 seaters. I'd guess about 25% were Macan's and Cayenne's

We drove down to Scarborough after lunch for a walk down the prom

SP61GHT
Caster

Post by Caster »

Great stuff SP6IGHT - sounds like a good trip and glad you enjoyed it. Let us know if you get an invite on a future one and a few of us could possibly tag along as a Forum meet up! ;)
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D