Rusting wheels

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
newmacanorder

Post by newmacanorder »

Thats a good point, cause I checked hundreds of cars recently, and this issue appears with the bmw-VW-Audi-porsche brands so it must be a serial problem, probably they are using the same part (i have seen 4 3 series bmws 2 golf Rs and 3 audis like this in a single large car park, and no other brands).

BTW, I used a sandpaper to sand of the outside corner and then went for some hard braking, and it improved visibly.

Paul

Post by Paul »

newmacanorder wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm Thats a good point, cause I checked hundreds of cars recently, and this issue appears with the bmw-VW-Audi-porsche brands so it must be a serial problem, probably they are using the same part (i have seen 4 3 series bmws 2 golf Rs and 3 audis like this in a single large car park, and no other brands).
...except that BMW have no links with VW-Audi-Porsche.......other than being based in the same country 😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
newmacanorder

Post by newmacanorder »

but that does not mean they are not using the same parts (just a hypothesis :)
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have to say all my other BMW’s suffered from the above... the only one that has not is my 640d the discs and rotors are in fantastic condition condition. My neighbours 3 year old 420d basically look like they belong in a breakers yard .However he takes his to the local car wash people, as do most. I too started to look at other cars around trying to work out why my previous BMW looked so bad.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊