Damn Pothole

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

As my father used to say.. you know when you've arrived back in West Yorkshire (Leeds) by the number of potholes.

Well today, by drivers side rear tyre hit one on the way to taking my son to his diving club.

the tyre has done 4000 miles only. The car is now booked in at OPC Leeds for a replacement tyre.

IMG_0064.jpg

Paul

Post by Paul »

IainSmith wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:24 pm As my father used to say.. you know when you've arrived back in West Yorkshire (Leeds) by the number of potholes.

Well today, by drivers side rear tyre hit one on the way to taking my son to his diving club.

the tyre has done 4000 miles only. The car is now booked in at OPC Leeds for a replacement tyre.
👎☹️
..stories of people successfully getting the council to stump up for repairs - worth a shout?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Feel for you there Iain :( :(

at least the rim looks OK
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Caster

Post by Caster »

Sorry to hear that Iain. Hope Leeds OPC sort you out OK + good luck with getting some reimbursement from the Council.

PS....if you let us know whereabouts it happened - I'll make sure I avoid the area!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:52 pm
IainSmith wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:24 pm As my father used to say.. you know when you've arrived back in West Yorkshire (Leeds) by the number of potholes.

👎☹️
..stories of people successfully getting the council to stump up for repairs - worth a shout?
+1 is not the offending hole having been visibly identified the criteria for liability?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀